1994 sony kp46S55

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
kabh60
1994 sony kp46S55

the picture on my 46 inch rear projection keeps on flashing.  The problem originally started off with occassional flashing and now it is constant to the point that it is extremely irritating to watch anything.  Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and an approximate repair fee.  Is it worth it to fix a tv that is this old.  Many thanks for any  advice.

Larry Dillon
This is a fairly common

This is a fairly common problem with these Sony projection TV sets. One or more of the picture tubes are bad in this TV set. At this point, it would not be worth replacing one or more of the picture tubes. Time to go shopping I'm afraid. Good Luck

kabh60
Larry Dillon said: This is a

Larry Dillon said: This is a fairly common problem with these Sony projection TV sets. One or more of the picture tubes are bad in this TV set. At this point, it would not be worth replacing one or more of the picture tubes. Time to go shopping I'm afraid. Good Luck

Thanks Larry, Is there anyway of telling which picture tube is failing.  All 3 are flashing their colors.

I do agree it is time to get a new tv, I was just looking to see if there was any simple band aid solution to make the tv last fir a bit longer.

kabh60
Thanks Larry for your input. 

Thanks Larry for your input.  I will now endeavor to purchase a new tv.  Can you recommend a 46 inch lcd tv. 

Larry Dillon
I personally would go with a

I personally would go with a Hitachi or Pioneer Plasma TV set with a 5 year extended warranty.

kabh60
Larry, Thanks for your

Larry, Thanks for your previous input.  I have another question, The rear projection lights  stay fully lit when the cable supplying the tv signal is disconnected. When the cable is connected the lights start to flash again.  Could this mean that the rear projection lights are fine and there is something else wrong with the tv?  Can you offer any further suggestions.  

Connect With Techlore