LG DLP Blink Code

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
kennethrl
LG DLP Blink Code

I have a LG RU-44SZ61D DLP. I have changed the lamp recently (it was bad pieces of broken glass inside) and it worked for about a week. I changed a ballast thinking it was bad. The unit still is not working.  The unit trys to turn on then the one led is on red and the other is on red with 5 blinks.  Help!

Larry Dillon
If you do not have an owners

If you do not have an owners manual for this TV set, you can get one from HERE as a free download.  There are three lights on the front of this LG model.  The left one, if it is on steady red, means the set is plugged into the power and power is supplied to the set. The middle light  is the is the lamp light. If that one is flashing red, that means there is a problem with the lamp, or the circuit that controls the lamp, such as the ballast, the power supply etc. The right light, is the temperature indicator light.  if that is on a steady red, that means the set has overheated and there is a problem with the heat sensors or the fans. This is not an easy set to troubleshoot, and to do it properly, you will need to get a service manual, or call in an authorized LG repair person. Good Luck with this repair, and let us know what you find wrong with this set, or what it took to get it repaired.

kennethrl
Ok, I have replaced the lamp

Ok, I have replaced the lamp ballist and the replace the lamp twice($$). The set still doesn't work.  I talked to LG, they gave me phone number for a repair shop. Nobody answers the phone (that is a bad sign).  I called two local repair shops one was booked for two months and didn't seem interested in work on an LG DLP.  The other one told me "Bring it in we are talking some big money to get this fixed" ( he never worked on a LG DLP before).

Any suggestions  

Larry Dillon
If you can get the service

If you can get the service manual, and know how to work with a multimeter, and trace voltages, you should be able to track down the fault in this TV set.   If you cannot, call LG back and tell them of the problem with the repair shop and do they have a more reliable shop,

MOtvGuy
Go through this chain of

Go through this chain of events again.

You changed the lamp because it was blown.

Set worked for a week then quit with the error blinks so you changed the ballast board which still didn't fix it?

Is this correct? 

Larry Dillon
Oh it sounds like maybe the

Oh it sounds like maybe the bulb.  Duh on me. Where did you get the new bulb from?

kennethrl
MOtvGuy said: Go through this

MOtvGuy said: Go through this chain of events again. You changed the lamp because it was blown. Set worked for a week then quit with the error blinks so you changed the ballast board which still didn't fix it? Is this correct? 

Yes, I also bought another lamp after the ballast replacement.

kennethrl
Larry Dillon said: Oh it

Larry Dillon said: Oh it sounds like maybe the bulb.  Duh on me. Where did you get the new bulb from?

Electrified.com

They appear to be ORSAM

Larry Dillon
Have you measured the voltage

Have you measured the voltage on the ballast primary, and are you sure the socket is good on the bulb?

kennethrl
Larry Dillon said: Have you

Larry Dillon said: Have you measured the voltage on the ballast primary, and are you sure the socket is good on the bulb?

I just want to let everyone know, that the problem was the bulb. It appears that I received two bad bulbs.  I finally got a repairman in the house ( it cost $430) and he brought two lamps. Both of my new lamps didn't work, has lamp did.  He told me that bad lamps are common that is why he always as an extra lamp with him.

Steffen
I hope you can help... I have

I hope you can help... I have a LG DLP Projection TV (model RU-52SZ51D). When turning on the tv, the left display light blinks red and then turns to yellow or orange, as usual. The the TV starts making a vibrating, buzzing noise. The other two display lights do not come on at all. I took the back off and noticed the fans are working. Do you have any idea what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steffen

Steffen
I hope you can help... I have

I hope you can help... I have a LG DLP Projection TV (model RU-52SZ51D). When turning on the tv, the left display light blinks red and then turns to yellow or orange, as usual. The the TV starts making a vibrating, buzzing noise. The other two display lights do not come on at all. I took the back off and noticed the fans are working. Do you have any idea what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steffen

Larry Dillon
Last time one of my customers

Last time one of my customers had the same symptoms we replaced the bulb snd all was well I guess you know the LG is distributed /made by Zenith? You can find the bulb here
http://www.partstore.com/Model/LG+Electronics+Incorporated/LG+Electronic...

Steffen
Ok!!!! Thank you! I will try

Ok!!!! Thank you! I will try that and let you know... Thanks again!
Steffen

mmpb
I have the same symptoms but

I have the same symptoms but with a twist. Hoping someone can help.

I had the flashing lights for the bulb replacement, which I replaced. When I turned the TV on, it seemed to be working perfectly. Within hours I noticed the sound started to crackle a bit, and I believe this started happening before it died the first time. Within a few more hours, no sound at all. I also noticed a small high pitched sound coming from the TV that had not happened previously. Couple hours later after a couple unplugs, back to the red lights.

I do not think the bulb is the problem. Some have mentioned a ballast and some the motherboard. Any suggestions?

Connect With Techlore