2001 Sony Trinitron Need Help!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
kbear1501
2001 Sony Trinitron Need Help!

I have 27" sony trinitron and the picture is dulling out and there are horizontal grey lines going across the screen. Does anyone know of a fix...or should i junk it?

Larry Dillon
Sounds like the picture tube

Sounds like the picture tube or possibly a capacitor in the sweep power supply. Without knowing what you have, would really be inpossible to tell. There were what, maybe 100 new models that year? If you like the set, it may be worth trying for an estimate.  Good Luck, and let us know whit it took to repair your TV set.

John Graves
 i have a KV-27FS16 i ran the

i have a KV-27FS16 i ran the self diagnostic test on the tv....it's saying no reply from the Y/C jungle IC. What is that?? Any Ideas??

chipsjoint
hey ya'll,i'm having the same

hey ya'll,i'm having the same problem with kv-27s26,i love this tv where oh where can i get the how to's????Innocent

Larry Dillon
Kbear,1501, you could have a

Kbear,1501, you could have a bad video IC 502 or the associated component's on the A board have in the past cause this problem.  Also what could cause this symptom and this flash code, could be a bad IC301 on the MA board.  Or the picture tube could be going bad and you might need to readjust the screen control to remedy this problem temporarily. Good Luck, and let us know if you find the faulty and what was found.

Connect With Techlore