Attn Larry Dillon - I need help with my mits wd-62525

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
inator
Attn Larry Dillon - I need help with my mits wd-62525

I saw the following post, and although my problem may not be related...Any help would be much appreciated!

http://techlore.com/forum/thread/18556/Mitsubishi-WD-62525-Statis-Light-Codes/

My issue:  This morning my 8-year old informed me that the Tv would not let him change channels and was "wiggly."  Upon inspection I saw the image, from an s-video souce, was scrambled and rolling.  Thinking it was an issue with the very old directv receiver we have I switched to cable input (yes we have both).  same issue.  Component input would not show anything form the xbox also attached.

So here's what I did:  I reset from the front panel - no change. I unplugged for 10 minutes - no change.  I reset again - no change.  I used the service menu to re-initialize the TV - no change.  Powered down again, reset - now the video was more scrabled and mostly white.  Menu was no longer visible (was beofre only the signal was scrambled).  Powered down, unpluged again, waited ten minutes, powered on - now the scrabled video was all yellow-sh organge and the sound was also gone.

I unplugged the TV, went to work, came home, hoped for the best, and now there is no video, no sound and the TV shuts down after a couple of minutes and truns the Lamp LED orange.  Lamp is inspected and good (and was working this morning when the signal issues came up).

Oh, and we had a storm last night btw.  TV was plugged into a surge protector. 

Any idea what the problem might be.  Sounds like I might be loooking at an expensive replair and I'd rather try to handle it myself. 

Please, please help...Larry or anyone!

Larry Dillon
I have seen other capacitors

I have seen other capacitors in the sets power supply cause this problem after a power surge.  What you need to do, only if you think you can handle the trouble shooting and have a soldering iron and a multimeter, is to go to http://www.servicemanuals.net, click on service manuals at the top left, enter the brand and the model number, the download the complete service manual.  Then iIwill need a copy to look at and will try to show you where there are problem in this TV set.  Please, if you do not have any printed circuit board experience, play it safe and call out a trained tech to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck, and let us know what you decide and what it took to have your set repaired.

inator
Larry Dillon said: I have

Larry Dillon said: I have seen other capacitors in the sets power supply cause this problem after a power surge.  What you need to do, only if you think you can handle the trouble shooting and have a soldering iron and a multimeter, is to go to http://www.servicemanuals.net, click on service manuals at the top left, enter the brand and the model number, the download the complete service manual.  Then iIwill need a copy to look at and will try to show you where there are problem in this TV set.  Please, if you do not have any printed circuit board experience, play it safe and call out a trained tech to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck, and let us know what you decide and what it took to have your set repaired.

Larry,

I noticed in the other post that at one time you had the electronic version of this service manual for wd62525.  Any chance you'd consider sending it to me before I dish out $ for it?  My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
No, I am sorry, but this is

No, I am sorry, but this is not the service manual your looking for, as it gives no service data at all but it is ONLY to locate and remove the DM board, the light engine, and the video board.  It seems this is not your problem.  So I'm afraid you spend the cash for the manual, send me a copy, and possibly save hundreds of bucks, or you spend a hundred or so to have a TV tech tell you it will cost several hundred to repair.  Sorry, but I try to save peeps as much as possible, but recently, I have been ask to lay out cash for manuals!?  I mean I try to help as much as I can, but the complete manuals, some I do have on a few, but I do not have on most.

inator
Larry Dillon said: No, I am

Larry Dillon said: No, I am sorry, but this is not the service manual your looking for, as it gives no service data at all but it is ONLY to locate and remove the DM board, the light engine, and the video board.  It seems this is not your problem.  So I'm afraid you spend the cash for the manual, send me a copy, and possibly save hundreds of bucks, or you spend a hundred or so to have a TV tech tell you it will cost several hundred to repair.  Sorry, but I try to save peeps as much as possible, but recently, I have been ask to lay out cash for manuals!?  I mean I try to help as much as I can, but the complete manuals, some I do have on a few, but I do not have on most.

OK, I understand now.  I'll order it and forward it to you via email.  Can you send me a quick note to the above address so I kno wwhere to send it?

Thanks!

inator
Larry,
Larry Dillon
Sure looks like it is the

Sure looks like it is the complete manual, and cheap too.  But I ordered one once from somewhere and all it gave me was the major component disassemble.  But this one says it has all of the parts to it.   You can send this to [email protected].  The easiest way to send this would be to go to pando.com before you try to send it to me, and download their free software.  This will enable you to send large files up to 1 gig online, in case your e-mail provider will not let you. 

inator
There's been an interesting

There's been an interesting development.  I called my insurance company to inquire about filing a claim.  Turns out I'm covered for replacement IF the damage was caused by lightning, but NOT SURGE.  They said I have to have a repairman (of my choice, but at their cost) come out and assess the damage.  The assessment must say lightning damagae for my insurance company to cover it.

Can lightning damage be distinguished from electrical surge damage?  If so, how?  as understand it, even a remote lightning strike can create surge-like conditions.

I'll wait to call anyone until I hear back from you Larry.

Thanks for all your help!

Larry Dillon
The difference between a

The difference between a power surge and a lightning strike, is how the tech writes the estimate on the bill.  A lightning strike causes a surge.  What a wacky insurance company.

inator
I'm not going to follow

I'm not going to follow-through with the insurance company.  My deductible is too high to justify not trying to fix it myself.

I sent you the manual Larry.  I'll follow your lead from here.

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
First thing you will need to

First thing you will need to do is to look on page 35 and measure all of those voltages and make sure your power supply is working.  Then you will need to open the DM board and see if those capacitors are swollen on the tops. If they are, you will need to replace all four of them.

South1
I have a Mitsubishi WT-A42,

I have a Mitsubishi WT-A42, after pushing the power button I hear a click the green power button lights up for 15 seconds and  I hear another click and the light goes out with no picture.

cjpsuave
Hey larry ive got the same

Hey larry ive got the same problem my ws-55813 hasnt booted up changed the capacitors but still nothing i finally called a service tech out here they came out took a look at it and said the UPC has blown and gave me a repair estimate of 1500 bucks an possible fixes for that?

cjpsuave
In reply to that apparently

In reply to that apparently you cannot fix the UPC since its a closed circuit syestem you will have to change the board and it will probably work after that however at 1500 im sure its probably a 1000 bucks just for the chasis and at 1500 its definately not worth it...good luck

Buckner
Larry you are amazing. fixed

Larry you are amazing. fixed my 62525 for about 20 bucks. Thanks a million its working great ( 5 capacitors on 2 different boards )

Larry Dillon
So glad you fell under the 60

So glad you fell under the 60% to repair this model number Great news! Concrats!

mysticman76
Larry i am in need of the "FA

Larry i am in need of the "FA" cable, mine has a crack in it. It seems before I bought the set the store had done some repairs, i am guessing replacing that board, found missing screws, cables out of place, etc.

Any way i need caps in power supply, and both boards.. if you have digikey p/n that would be great..

Eansy Beansy
Mr. Dillon, can you help me

Mr. Dillon, can you help me please. I have WD-62525 with what appears to be a bad light engine. I have another good engine #939P977010 that came from a WD-52525 and would like to know if a #939P977020 can be replaced with a #939P977010. I did some searching online and in some websites I have read that they are the same but I thought that maybe you could tell me if that was correct or not.
Thanks.

Larry Dillon
As far as I know they are but

As far as I know they are but I Have NEVER USED ONE FOR THE OTHER BEFORE BUT Good Luck
Larry

Eansy Beansy
WD-62525 Symptom:

WD-62525 Symptom:
At power on, TV Shuts Down With Steady Red Lamp LED. Lamp is only 6 months old and error code is: (12 = No error detected, check power supply.)

Pulled out chassis and found bulging caps C9A37 and C9A38 both 3300 UFD 10 V on the Power PCB. Checked all fuses on Power PCB and found no open fuses. Replaced bad caps including known-problem caps (C9A51, C9A52, C9A61 and C9A62) as per Larry Dillon's Mitsubishi DLP Capacitor Problem Article. (Thanks Larry!)

Put chassis back in and the TV worked. I got good picture and good sound. No need to replace Light Engine. However, now the TV will not respond to the remote. I tried a system reset but it still will not respond to remote control.
I am suspecting a disconnected plug or more bad caps on other PCB's. Any suggestions?

EB

Eansy Beansy
Eansy Beansy said: WD-62525

Eansy Beansy said: WD-62525 Symptom: At power on, TV Shuts Down With Steady Red Lamp LED. Lamp is only 6 months old and error code is: (12 = No error detected, check power supply.) Pulled out chassis and found bulging caps C9A37 and C9A38 both 3300 UFD 10 V on the Power PCB. Checked all fuses on Power PCB and found no open fuses. Replaced bad caps including known-problem caps (C9A51, C9A52, C9A61 and C9A62) as per Larry Dillon's Mitsubishi DLP Capacitor Problem Article. (Thanks Larry!) Put chassis back in and the TV worked. I got good picture and good sound. No need to replace Light Engine. However, now the TV will not respond to the remote. I tried a system reset but it still will not respond to remote control. I am suspecting a disconnected plug or more bad caps on other PCB's. Any suggestions? EB

After opening the chassis once again I found 2 bulging caps on the Terminal 2 board (C2M28 & C2M29 1000uF 10V) I replaced the caps and found PREAMP board defective. Part #935D774001. Replaced preamp board and now remote control works perfectly.

The Terminal 2 board and Terminal 1 are inside the rectangular metal box that has all the RCA input jacks on it. The PREAMP board is small measuring about 3X3 inches and sits right above the light engine. It has 2 connectors and is located about the middle of the set. It is the REMOTE SENSOR and picks up commands from the remote control. You can pick one up for about $30 at shopjimmy.com

EB

GaryF
Hey Larry, you wouldn't

Hey Larry, you wouldn't happen to have a manual for the WD52525 that you could send would you? Not sure if you saw my post regarding that model and how it suddenly stopped working. I plugged it in the other day and all I got was static noise and the red light lit. I took the lamp out and took it into a neighborhood shop and it tested as good. I didn't want to buy an expensive lamp if that is not the problem. Anything else I can try and would a service manual help. I'm pretty handy with many things so I'd like to try and fix this if at all possible. I bought the tv second hand to save money but now I'm wondering if that was not a good idea.

Larry Dillon
there is a manual available

there is a manual available here on the techlores technicians corner.
Larry

GaryF
Ok, I just requested one

Ok, I just requested one there. Guess I thought you were the one sending them around. I'm kind of new here and actually new to projection tv's.

Kevin T
Same problem, wd62525 These

Same problem, wd62525 These are the caps on my dm board and to my eye they look ok http://emob1002.photobucket.com/albums/af145/Kevindtuber/0662e18f.jpg?t=...
However on my power board there are definitely 2 bad caps. Should I replace the 4 on my power board only or should I go ahead and do the 4 on the dm board while I have it out? Also I heard replacing them with 25v caps instead of 16v may help get longer life out them. Thanks in advance.

Eansy Beansy
I have a Mitsubishi 62725

I have a Mitsubishi 62725 that I just did a caps repair kit on it and the TV will still not work.

The blinking green light has stopped and the set turns on and off but shows no picture. Lamp checks out good and I even replaced the optical engine but still not picture. Can anyone help?

Connect With Techlore