27" Sony Trinitron

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FDM
27" Sony Trinitron

Hi all:

I have a 27" Sony Trinitron model KV-27FS16 manufactured in the year 2000. It was working fine until I carefully moved it to another location.  The TV now makes a hum when the power button is pressed but fails to start. Does anyone know whether this is something a laymen could tackle? I find that spending over say 125.00 would not be economically wise.

Thanks,

FDM

Larry Dillon
You most likely cracked the

You most likely cracked the printed circit board when you moved it.  Depending on how bad the break is, would determine the repair cost.  If you know how to solder on solid state printed circuit boards, it should be no big deal to repair.  But if you do not, maybe worth investing a few bucks to get it working.  Good Luck, and let us know how this repair went for you.

FDM
Larry Dillon said: You most

Larry Dillon said: You most likely cracked the printed circit board when you moved it.  Depending on how bad the break is, would determine the repair cost.  If you know how to solder on solid state printed circuit boards, it should be no big deal to repair.  But if you do not, maybe worth investing a few bucks to get it working.  Good Luck, and let us know how this repair went for you.

You hit it right on the nose. I do not know how to solder so it cost me 125.00.

Larry Dillon
Great, so you had the set

Great, so you had the set repaired and it is working.  Cool

Connect With Techlore