Questioning the iPhone: What about, uh, just making a simple phone call?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
Questioning the iPhone: What about, uh, just making a simple phone call?

What question?  What are you talking about?

The Apple iPhone was released on June 29th, amid a flurry of press coverage, hype, and strong opinions.  Long time TechLore member and super gadget geek Steven Jones frothed at the mouth, and published a three-part Ode to the iPhone in the process.  Read his rants at:

Eric Brandt, a newer member, harshly countered Steven's iPhone fervor with a list of questions, which I've broken out into the forums.  This is question #1.  I wanna hear what you think.

Eric's Question

What about, uh, just making a simple phone call?

He writes... 

Is it true that the iPhone takes six steps to make a phone call?

How long will that take to get on your nerves? Two days? Three?

Is it true that the required AT&T partnership forces you to use one of the most notoriously bad networks in the country?

Do makeup and fingerprints smear all over the device screen?

What's your answer? 

Okay, Techlore people...  I want to know what you think!  What's your answer?

used_gum
I personally am not a fan of

I personally am not a fan of apple products. Their good products, in my experience, are the Ipods, when I get my own personal music device I am probably getting a zune. I remember a few years ago one of my good friends parents decided to buy him a laptop, and got him an apple, I thought that was sketchy, and it was. The whole one mouse button thing just doesn't work for me. They payed upwards of $1000 for that thing, and it was crap. They then spent around $300 on a desktop and got all the crappy features from the apple, except better. Also, what do you guys think of the new extremely thin computer they have coming out or out?

Connect With Techlore