Sony dual deck Model # SLV-D300P

1 post / 0 new
Sridaffy
Sony dual deck Model # SLV-D300P

I am hoping someone will be able to help me please....I'm desperate. As mentioned in the subject line I have a Sony dual deck player and the model is SLV-D300P. Unfortunately my 2 year old jammed CDs/DVDs into it. This is not the first time by the way. In the past I have removed the top and had not problem removing them. And it played just fine. But this last time, I did what I had done previously, but it is not working properly. I have the exact same brand/model in my living room and have put the dvd in to see if it is the dvd, but it plays just fine in the living room. Therefore I know it is a problem with this particular player. Description of what happens: Press the "open/close" button...there is a long lag in it opening...insert DVD...press the "open/close button"...it closes...screen says "loading and it takes forever....finally it plays...shows the opening screen, MGM or something like that...screen goes black....hear the DVD player working...makes a lot of noise...stays black for about 30 seconds and then says "disc cannot be played, check disc"...So I believe my son has messed up the player but I don't know if it is fixable. Both my husband and I are fairly mechanical and if it is fixable, I am sure we can do it (we've fixed a couple of tv's). But I don't know if we will need new parts or if it is even fixable....Is there anyone that can/will advise me?? Please, please, please....

Connect With Techlore