5 Blinks on Sony KP57HW40

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
netmgr
5 Blinks on Sony KP57HW40

Hi Larry,

I recently aquired a Sony KP57HW40. It works for a short time after it has been off for a while but flashes 5 blinks and eventually the picture blacks out.  I have not investigated much further as I am waiting to get the remote control still. I believe you may have the service manual for this model and was hoping you could send it to me. I have already downloaded and installed Pando. I appreciate any help you or this forum can provide.

Thank you,

Graham

Larry Dillon
Yes I do have this manual my

Yes I do have this manual my friend, BUT do you understand what it means when there is a 1K fault?.  What do you expect this manual to do for you?  It will most certainly not tell you where the problem is.  I am jut hoping it does not get you in over your head.  And please do not just assume I have it please. But I do!! LOL   Will you understand how to use it?  I will send it to you, but there is no way i can teach you how to trouble shoot this TV set with just a manual.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

netmgr
I am assuming there are some

I am assuming there are some schematics and timings within its contents which makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

BTW: I believed you had the manual because you had passed it on to someone else in another thread.

Larry Dillon
No, there are no flow charts

No, there are no flow charts in these Sony service manuals.  No magic repair charts I'm afraid.  You will need to know how to read and decipher a schematic or circuit diagram.  I will share this service manual with you, but please do not get in over your head, as these things take even seasoned techs time to learn differant circuits, as I, at the age of 52, is still learning.  TV repair is not rocket science my friend, but is certainly is not something that can be learned over a weekend.  Good Luck and let us know how this repair turns out for you.

patsy2007
What dose it mean when you

What dose it mean when you get 5 blinks and tv goes flashing off and on? Sony 61 inch projection tv kp-61xer300Frown

Larry Dillon
I have already answered this

I have already answered this under your other post.

Connect With Techlore