6 Blinks on Sony KP51hw40

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
wholland
6 Blinks on Sony KP51hw40

Hi,

My kp51hw40 turned off by itself and the standby light blinks 6 times. I have read 2 different possibilities of what the problem is. 1. is that the A and B board may be bad because +5V is shorted or overloaded. The other is that he d board might be bad.

Does anyone know how I can narrow down what the problem is?

Thank You

Larry Dillon
I am sorry, there is not. You

I am sorry, there is not. You will need the service manual as well as the knowledge on how these circuits work in this TV set.  I doubt you could still get the boards from Sony, as most set after a few years, the boards run out, and then you have to repair the boards to component level. good Luck

wholland
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have the service manual as well a solid knowledge of debugging electronic circuits (unfortuneately no expeirence with tv's).

The problem is the power shuts down right after I turn it so I can't get a measurement on any of th e voltages. I am assuming either the D board is not providing the +6V to the +5V regulator, or the A board has a problem with +5V regulator or component using the +5V.

How can I measure these voltages? Is there someway I can force the power to stay on?

Thanks again,

Will

Larry Dillon
Use a 150 watt light bulb

Use a 150 watt light bulb across the main AC fuse after you remove it of course, or use a variac transformer.

Connect With Techlore