Crosstalk on receiver

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
LZCenter
Crosstalk on receiver

I have an old Onkyo TX-SV535.  I am getting crosstalk on the AM channel.  When I configure the system freestanding, I get both the station I am tuning and another AM station that is 1/2 mile away.  When I hook the system up to run the speakers through my in-wall wiring, the crosstalk extends across all channels on the receiver.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Larry Dillon
I found the owners manual for

I found the owners manual for you for this older model.  You can download it for free HERE

Look on page 5 and check to see if you have the AM frequency step switch, and if you do, is it set to the proper selection.  Also you must use a loops type AM antenna on the AM band. Good Luck, and ifthis does not help, you may be having the beginnings of an AM front end problem and will require a visit to a repair shop.  Let us know how you make out with this unit.

LZCenter
Larry Dillon said: I found

Larry Dillon said: I found the owners manual for you for this older model.  You can download it for free HERE Look on page 5 and check to see if you have the AM frequency step switch, and if you do, is it set to the proper selection.  Also you must use a loops type AM antenna on the AM band. Good Luck, and ifthis does not help, you may be having the beginnings of an AM front end problem and will require a visit to a repair shop.  Let us know how you make out with this unit.

Thanks, Larry!  I appreciate your prompt response.  I suspect I am having the last problem you mentioned.  The unit worked fine for many years, until recently.  At first, I thought the problem was in the rewiring I did in my house when we moved some components around and some remodeling.  Then, I heard that some dimmers could cause this problem.  We added a number of them during the remodeling.  So I tried the receiver on another circuit.  No joy.  Finally, I stumbled on the right combination of causes...I think!

It may be time for a new receiver.  This one is about 10-15 years old.

Thanks again.

Dan

Connect With Techlore