mcs receiver shuts down speakers

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
redscolt
mcs receiver shuts down speakers

I have a monster mcs 3245 receiver .The problem is that when I turn it up it shuts off my speakers that are rated 200 watts.The meter shows only 100 watts going into each channel.

Larry Dillon
You have a problem with oneĀ 

You have a problem with one  of your speakers, or there is a problem with the amp section of the receiver.  The best advice, would be to disconnect the speakers, connect up one and see if it does it still, if it does disconnect the speaker and connect up the other speaker.  If the problem still happens, there is a problem with the amp.  If the unit does not shut off, connect up the other speaker, and if it shuts off then, you know that the one speaker that you connect up, and the unit shuts off, have the speaker repaired.  If the receiver still shuts off even with  one of the two speaker sconnected, have the receiver serviced.  Good Luck, and let us know what you had to di to get this receiever repaired.

dans_repair_service
Check the impedence rating of

Check the impedence rating of the speakers.  Often amps will require 8 ohm loads and speakers will be 4 ohm speakers.  With the lower impedence, the amp will be working harder and will enter protection mode sooner.  This is what your problem sounds like.  Keep us posted.

Dan

Connect With Techlore