Mitsubishi WS-65611 HDTV game problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mynameisadam
Mitsubishi WS-65611 HDTV game problems

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to hook up my PS2 to my t.v. It feels like I've tried putting every single wire into every single jack on the back of the t.v. and i still can't figure it out. maybe i'm not putting it on the right channel, i have it set to cable-a and i the ONLY thing i have hooked up to it is my ps2 along with the coax cable coming out of the wall. i read up on how to hook up the DVD player on the owner's manual but there's nothing that really specifices where exactly i should plug in the white, yellow, and red cables. i hope i'm missing something really simple, any help would be appreciated.

adam

Larry Dillon
This is very simple.  First

This is very simple.  First off, if you need it, HERE is where you can get a free copy of the owners manual for this TV set.  This is a very simple operation.  One the front of this TV set behind the door, is input 5, with the yellow for video, and also the red and the white plugs for audio. Simply take each cord from your PS2 and plug into the correct jack.  Now right next to that you have the device button, press that on the remote or on the front till you get to input 5 and you should be all set If the device button only comes up with small pictures, that means someone programed the Net Command function and this will need to be reprogramed.  This is all covered in the owners manual I am sending you.  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

Matt Whitlock
If you want the best possible

If you want the best possible picture from your PS2, they do make a component video accessory cable that will give you the best possible connection to your HDTV. Certain games, like Gran Turismo 4, are programmed to take advantage of the component cable by outputting higher resolution images than the standard AV or S-video cable. You can find cables at just about any electronics retailer, or you can also pick one one of several different cables at Amazon, like the Monster GameLink 400.

Good luck! 

mynameisadam
I figured it out, i just

I figured it out, i just needed to select the device manager labeled "FNT" video.  I didn't have to tinker around with the NetCommands, thank goodness.  Thanks for the help.

Larry Dillon
Yes that Net Command can

Yes that Net Command can certainly be a tough nut to crack if you did not do the programming. Glad to hear you worked out your problems.  Hope you downloaded that owners manual, as it covers a lot!

Connect With Techlore