voltage problem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BHARPER
voltage problem

Help. I have had problems with my cable service as of late so I had a tech out, and I did not like what he had to say, so I had another tech out and he told me the same thing. I have a Sharp Aquos 42" LCD they told me that it was putting voltage into my cable line causing my problems. At first I did not believe as I had never heard of this. I removed the Tv from the system and put a 13" cheapo tv in and beleieve it or not could still feel the voltage in the cable. So the tech came out yesterday and showed that there was 60 volts coming from the cable in jack on the 13 inch tv. I had him do it on the Sharp and there was 40 volts coming from every input jack on it. Component and Cable. Has anyone ever heard of this. Is there a way to fix it beyond trashing the TV's....They will not even hook my cable box back up for fear that it might fry it.

Larry Dillon
First thing I would do my

First thing I would do my friend is make sure that the wall recepticle for the power was wired properly, with the neutral and the hot lead.  I have seen this problem a dozen times.  Good Luck, and let us know what you find.

MOtvGuy
Yep, get an electrician on

Yep, get an electrician on this immediately.  This is a very dangerous situation and a potentially fatal shock hazard.

Connect With Techlore