Sherwood shuts off when cranked up

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
redscolt
Sherwood shuts off when cranked up

MY receiver shuts off when turned up ,but not even close to all the way.How can I stop this/

dans_repair_service
Check the impedence of your

Check the impedence of your speakers.  If the receiver expects an 8 ohm load and in fact has a 4 ohm load, the receiver will work fine but harder.  At low cvolume levels, you will never see a problem.  At higher volumes, the amp section will be seeing to small a load and overheat and shut down.  There are also protection circuits inside that will detect excessive current draw in these types of situations and shutdown the receiver before any damage can occur.

If the impedence is correct, there may be a problem with the regulator circuit that would cause a shutdown.  Please post the model number and I'll look into it further.

Dan

redscolt
The impedence is correct. The

The impedence is correct. The model # is rx-4103. Thanx

redscolt
My 2 yamaha speakers are 6

My 2 yamaha speakers are 6 ohm & 2 klh are 8

dans_repair_service
When you are "cranking" the

When you are "cranking" the system, how many speakers are on?  2 or 4?  If 4, the impedence seen by the amp is less than 4 ohms total and could be the problem.  That particular model required 8 ohm speakers for each channel when both A and B are enabled.  6 ohms is too small a load for this unit.

Dan

Connect With Techlore