52 rca projection tv

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
craig m
52 rca projection tv

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me my tv just shut off while I was watching it and it will not come back on any ideas as to what the problem mite be

Larry Dillon
There is a bad connection

There is a bad connection somewhere inside on the printed circuit board, or there is a power supply problem with the regulator circuit and this set has whats called an OVC and a H-stop circuit to prevent harmfull x-ray radiation and to stop any parts being blown up from excessive High Voltage or high B+.  The OVC is the over voltage condition and the set will shut down if the circuit detects excessive voltage in the power supply.  The H-stop, stops the horizontal drive circuit in case it detects excessive high voltage.  If you do not have the knowledge to troubleshoot these types of circuits my friend, i would highly recommend that you call in an authorized RCA repair center to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

craig m
Larry Dillon said: There is a

Larry Dillon said: There is a bad connection somewhere inside on the printed circuit board, or there is a power supply problem with the regulator circuit and this set has whats called an OVC and a H-stop circuit to prevent harmfull x-ray radiation and to stop any parts being blown up from excessive High Voltage or high B+.  The OVC is the over voltage condition and the set will shut down if the circuit detects excessive voltage in the power supply.  The H-stop, stops the horizontal drive circuit in case it detects excessive high voltage.  If you do not have the knowledge to troubleshoot these types of circuits my friend, i would highly recommend that you call in an authorized RCA repair center to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Thanks Larry will take advise and call someone in to look at it

craig m
I have an older style kenmore

I have an older style kenmore dryer and it started making alot of noise near fan at bottom but still seems to be working fine any ideas on how to eliminate the noise

Connect With Techlore