ARE THERE ANY TV REPAIRMEN LEFT?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
rjbroger
ARE THERE ANY TV REPAIRMEN LEFT?

i WAS WORKING ON A 31 INCH JVC TV TODAY SET WAS HI BY A POWER SURGE.I FOUND THAT THE 9 VOLT STAND POWER SUPPLY READS 5.65 VOLTS NOT ENOUGH TO THROW THE AC  POWER RELAY IN.

I PULLED THE RELAY AND TESTED IT IT WILL THROW BUT THE CONTACTS ARE BAD .

I ALSO TESTED THE RELAY DRIVER TRANSISTOR AND IT CHECKS LEAKY, I TRYED CHECKING THE BASE VOLTAGE WHILE PUSHING THE POWER BUTTON ,THE MICRO IC DOESNT SEEM TO BE WORKING EATHER. THIS IS A 2004 SET MODLE av32f485 IN SAMS 5107. I SURE COULD USE A PDF COPY OF THIS SAMS. I AM GOING TO DO SOME TESTING ON THIS SET TOMORROW.

Larry Dillon
Make sure that the standby

Make sure that the standby regulator IC is not bad.  Also check the capacitors in the stanby circuit, as I have had many a times, blown up capacitors and regulator IC's in a case like this.  Now on the microprocessor issue.  Make sure you have a full 5 volts on the IC's b+ connection, and as well as on the reset pin of the micro.  If the 5 volts is lower then 4.4 or so volts, most micros will not work.  You will then need to go back to the standby power supply my friend.  I have seen a set hit by lightning, brand new, three days old, completely ruin the set, as it had eight bad IC's in it.  I do not have this manual, but it is available as a downloadable PDF from the sams photo facts website.  Good Luck

Connect With Techlore