36" Panasonic won't power up after a power surge knocked it out

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gary Don
36" Panasonic won't power up after a power surge knocked it out

We experienced a power surge this morning and we had just turned our television on when it was knocked off with the surge.  Since then it won't come back on.  I haven't seen a reset button on the outside of the set, does this set have a reset button or have I lost my television for good.

Larry Dillon
Really would depend on how

Really would depend on how old this TV set is, and how close the lighning strick was, or how the set took the surge.  If you are extremly lucky, maybe the fuse is the only problem.  Most of the time though, when a set takes a large surge, the set is toast, but I really cannot say for sure.  You will need to bring the set into a repair shop or have them come out to you to trouble shoot the set to see what the problem is.  Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Chris
My Panosonic 47in wide screen

My Panosonic 47in wide screen TV--HD ready----will not come on.  The front panel

power incicator light will just blink on/off...and no picture at all.   Normally, when ON--

the red light will stay on full.   Sounds like a power problem.....but can anyone give

me help on what the problem may be.  

Thanks so much.     Jack     [email protected]  

Larry Dillon
Model number would certainly

Model number would certainly help man.  And if there are any rhythm to the blinking light?

Connect With Techlore