Sansun home theatre system problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
pigott3990
Sansun home theatre system problems

Hi everyone out there, this is my first time so bear with me!!!!

I have a Sansun 5.1 home theatre system which we bought for my daughter last christmas. Seemed to work fine although there were no input cables supplied (a problem as there were 6 inputs, the usual 2 surrounds, sub, centre and 2 fronts). I got round this by getting three double audio cables and away we went!!! All well and good up to yesterday when suddenly the unit became very muffled upon switching on. There wasn't the usual loud pop when switching on, and the sound was very muffled and only coming through a couple of speakers. On checking the speaker outputs both front ports were loose and were able to be turned in a screwlike fashion. The male connectors on one of the speakers was not making good contact and was slightly proud of fully home. Frustrated I tried swapping the speaker cable plugs into the other ports but to no avail. I checked the main unit and found it was operating in that the display was operating so there was power there but the remote wasnt working so I changed the batteries. Tried that and found the same problem. In addition no matter how high I turned the manual volume controls I still had the same problem.

I have e-mailed  BigMaggot the suppliers yesterday but to date no response so surfed and got in touch with u guys.

The unit is undamaged but the table tennis ball looking inserts of two of the speakers has been crushed as they were wafer thin but other than that there is no obvious damage. If there is anyone out there in the big blue yonder who could help let me know!

Thanks and I promise to be more brief next time......

Neil

Larry Dillon
Are you sure of the spelling

Are you sure of the spelling of the unit?  Also a model number would be a big help as well.  One thing is though my friend, if you just purchased it last Christmas, there should be some sort of manufacturers warranty on it.  Go back to the store where you bought it and inquire about the warranty as well as too to contact about the warranty.  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

Larry Dillon
Are you sure of the spelling

Are you sure of the spelling of the unit?  Also a model number would be a big help as well.  One thing is though my friend, if you just purchased it last Christmas, there should be some sort of manufacturers warranty on it.  Go back to the store where you bought it and inquire about the warranty as well as too to contact about the warranty.  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

LouLou2
Thanks. Just had e-mail from

Thanks. Just had e-mail from Bigmaggot that they are trying to arrange a replacement. I shall wait and see. Thanks for the message.

Neil

Larry Dillon
Thats great!   Good Luck  

Thats great!   Good Luck   Cool

Connect With Techlore