36" RCA Entertainment Series is Chirping when plugged in?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
IrishPride
36" RCA Entertainment Series is Chirping when plugged in?

My RCA is now Chirping loudly like a cicada type sound! It is the 36" Entertainment series model. Soon as You plug it in it starts instantly and will not turn on or anything. Any Ideas?

Larry Dillon
Yes I do!  The problem you

Yes I do!  The problem you are having is a common one for TV sets with switching power supp;ies.  It is an indication of a major short in one of the TV sets many many circuits.  What exactly the fault is can be a hard call, but why the noise is there is a little bit easyer to explain.  What is happening is the power supply is starting up and instantly detects a short and shuts down.  The power supply then keeps trying to restart but the short is still there so the TV set keeps cycling on and off, on and off.  Now because of the short the power supply makes a noise. And because of the short, it continues to make this noise.  Untill you find the short, the set will make this noise.  I would first check the horizontal output transistor, the vertical output IC or one of the many sweep power supplies secondary power sources.  If you have had no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you with this repair.  Good Luck, and let us know if you get vthis TV repaired and what was weounf with it. 

Yap
Were you able to find the

Were you able to find the problem with your tv? If you used a pro, any tips on how to select one? I don't know much (ok, anything) in this area so I want to ensure I get a pro that I can trust. Surely referrals are best, but what if I don't have one? THANKS MUCH.

Connect With Techlore