Sony NW-A1000 MP3 player

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Angietemps
Sony NW-A1000 MP3 player

I've just brought a new computer which has Windows Vista home premium on and have download the new driver for my MPs player from the Sony site, but am still having trouble getting the connect player to work. I keep getting an error message sayin NTMSAPI.Dll has not been installed - can any one help????

Thanks

ProcessRed
I am having exactly the same

I am having exactly the same problem. I also have Windows Vista Home Premium and the same file name is not found; this is when I right-click and press Run as Administrator.

When I click on the Connect Player shortcut, a window comes up saying; 'Limited User Accounts are not supported'

The program used to work fine on XP, but it seems Vista is the problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you

anticlimax
I had the same problem as

I had the same problem as both of you, running windows vista, been tearing my hair out with frustration but I've finally found a solution:

ProcessRed, your problem is easy to remedy, when you click on the connect player shortcut, you have to right-click and select "run as an administrator" then it will load up, but if you do that you'll get the same error message that Angietemps gets, so you'll need to do the following:

the driver that is causing the problem is the NTMSAPI.DLL driver, as for some reason it's missing from the Connect Player program files, so here's what you need to do:

go to this link

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/N/ntmsapi.dll...

and you can download the driver from there (if this link doesn't work at the time you try this, simply search for NTMSAPI.DLL in google, there's bound to be a site that has one, the link above is just the best site i found)

once its downloaded, go to C drive - Program files - sony - CONNECT player, then move the driver from wherever it downloaded into this folder. It should then work.

Hope this helps :)

Jon Seymour
Thanks for that information,

Thanks for that information, it worked like a dream

Connect With Techlore