USB problems?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Emily EH
USB problems?

I bought a new Samsung S630 digital camera 2 days ago, and I cannot get the pictures off of it, onto my Mac OS X... I think it may be a problem with the USB cable that came with the camera, but I have no idea! Please help!!

davew
hi,sorry if this is obvious

hi,sorry if this is obvious to you but on my samsung i need to switch the camera on when connected to usb port,also check that' new hardware' is recognised--i don't have a mac but would think it's same as pc.

Matt Whitlock
That's good advice davew, it

That's good advice davew, it may do the trick. I'll also add that with external flash card readers being practically given away at stores, built into printers/TVs, etc. I just don't see any need to try and connect a camera to a PC this way to pull off images. External flash readers are much simpler, don't require any extra software, work on Macs and PCs, etc. It's the best 10 bucks you'll ever spend. Trust me.

For more read: "Trouble Transferring Pictures From Camera to Computer"

Emily EH
Thanks! I actually took it

Thanks! I actually took it back to the store- and it turned out the USB port was backwards... but- then I found out, my printer had a built in card reader anyway- who needs USB cords? =)

Matt Whitlock
Emily EH said: Thanks! I

Emily EH said: Thanks! I actually took it back to the store- and it turned out the USB port was backwards... but- then I found out, my printer had a built in card reader anyway- who needs USB cords? =)

Well said! Glad to hear you got it up and running. Stay connected to the TechLore Community, and maybe help out someone else who is facing the same dilemma by sharing your experience and advice.

Connect With Techlore