Aiwa HV-GX350 Video on Child Lock

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pamal Sharma
Aiwa HV-GX350 Video on Child Lock

Replaced the CP25 in the Power Unit to cure dim display and now the video powers backup in what seems to be child-lock mode. I can't release the child lock by pressing the child-lock button on the Remote Control as the user manual suggests.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Pamal

Larry Dillon
unplug the unit from the wall

unplug the unit from the wall for several hours and see if that works.  Then if that does not work, what exactly does the display say?  Is it asking you for a code?  If it is not, it is not in a child lock.  Good Luck

Pamal Sharma
Larry Dillon said: unplug the

Larry Dillon said: unplug the unit from the wall for several hours and see if that works.  Then if that does not work, what exactly does the display say?  Is it asking you for a code?  If it is not, it is not in a child lock.  Good Luck

Hi, Larry

Apologies for the delay - been well out of it with the "day job"!

The unit has just been plugged in after all these months of being unplugged from the wall power socket. Still not joy. The display simply shows the channel number under that is the SL/LP indicator and under that is key symbol with a rectangular border around it.

Larry Dillon
With the TV turned on,

With the TV turned on, simultaneously press VOLUME down button on the front of the TV set and the number 7 button on the remote control to reset pin code and customer ID. Good Luck1 If you do not have the original remote, sorry no other way.

Pamal Sharma
Larry Dillon said: With the

Larry Dillon said: With the TV turned on, simultaneously press VOLUME down button on the front of the TV set and the number 7 button on the remote control to reset pin code and customer ID. Good Luck1 If you do not have the original remote, sorry no other way.

Hi, Larry

Magic is real and Unicorns do exist! After I made this post, I forgot to unplug the VCR unit from the wall. About 6 hours later, I caught it in my peripheral vision and went to turn it off. I found it was prompting to rest the clock!!! I will be relocating it back to where it should be and powering down to do that. We'll see what happens when I power back up. Maybe some capacitor somewhere just needed fully charging up before the blessed thing could work. As Shakepeare put it: All's well that ends well.

I appreciate your thoughts and fast reponses enormously, good buddy.

Pamal

Connect With Techlore