Still trying to fix my LG tv-remote control problem

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Frank Allen
Still trying to fix my LG tv-remote control problem

One guy (Larry) has kindly been trying to help me with this but no joy so I am pleading with anyone else to come up with a solution. I`ll explain in as much detail, but simply, as I can.

I was attempting to use a hack code to make my Sony dvd player (an NS355) all regions. I obtained a set of instructions from the net which required the use of a 7040 all-in-one remote. My all-in-one is actually numbered URC 7710. Maybe that was my mistake. I followed the instruction which were as follows:

select DVD device on remote

hold magic button until DVD button flashes twice

press 0,5,3 and 3

Set up device DVD player

At that point (still12 lnes of instruction to go) I did not quite understand what I was supposed to do and so I decided to abort for the moment and deal with it later. But then I discovered that the original remote control unit supplied with the tv set (which is an LG32LX2R) would no longer operate the set. Obviously what I was doing was somehow not affecting the DVD player but rather the TV set. I`ll assume it was me who had done smething wrong. I`m reall not good at this stuff.

I had not done anything to this remote and so it stands to reason that I have somehow upset the internal settings of the LG television whch can no longer communicate with its own remote control unit.

Somehow I need to get the set back to its factory settings.

I can change channels by using the remote from my Philips set to box but to switch it off I have to do it manually. And any other operations other than basic channel changing,volume controls are out the window for now.

I`d be happy to forget the multi region hack code and just get back to where I was before. There must be a genius out there who knows what to do. And I am, as you will have gathered, a bit of a Luddite so you will have to be very basic in your explanations please.

Thanks in advance.

Frank.

MOtvGuy
While I'm sure it seems to

While I'm sure it seems to you that you've somehow disabled your LG TV with your actions to hack your DVD player with a universal remote, I'd say it's more of a coincidence that the LG has decided to stop working via the remote. There is nothing you could've done with that universal that would effectively shut off the remote functions on the LG, especially since your initial instructions told you to put the universal into the DVD mode.

A universal remote is like an interpreter. It can speak many languages but you have to tell it what language it has to talk in order for the listener (TV, DVD, cable box, etc) can understand it. In order for you to have somehow done something to the LG you would've had to programmed the univeral to work with the LG TV first. Then, you would've had to screw up the hack directions which specifically tell you to switch it (the universal) to the DVD mode of operation. Then, somehow, the directions for hacking the DVD player for multi-region operation would wind up disabling the remote functions of the TV set. (I'm not even certain this is possible).  In fact, the few steps of the directions you have listed are merely for setting up the universal remote to work with a Sony DVD player, the remote itself doesn't even send out a signal during this phase of the setup process. As you can see, it's more plausible that the LG remote or TV has decided to choose this particular moment to go on the fritz.

I'd start by making sure you have good batteries in the LG remote. You could then take the remote into a shop and have them test the thing to make sure it's even sending out a signal. 3rd, last but not least, you may have to resort to taking the set into a shop for service.

Frank Allen
MOtvGuy said: While I'm sure

MOtvGuy said: While I'm sure it seems to you that you've somehow disabled your LG TV with your actions to hack your DVD player with a universal remote, I'd say it's more of a coincidence that the LG has decided to stop working via the remote. There is nothing you could've done with that universal that would effectively shut off the remote functions on the LG, especially since your initial instructions told you to put the universal into the DVD mode. A universal remote is like an interpreter. It can speak many languages but you have to tell it what language it has to talk in order for the listener (TV, DVD, cable box, etc) can understand it. In order for you to have somehow done something to the LG you would've had to programmed the univeral to work with the LG TV first. Then, you would've had to screw up the hack directions which specifically tell you to switch it (the universal) to the DVD mode of operation. Then, somehow, the directions for hacking the DVD player for multi-region operation would wind up disabling the remote functions of the TV set. (I'm not even certain this is possible).  In fact, the few steps of the directions you have listed are merely for setting up the universal remote to work with a Sony DVD player, the remote itself doesn't even send out a signal during this phase of the setup process. As you can see, it's more plausible that the LG remote or TV has decided to choose this particular moment to go on the fritz. I'd start by making sure you have good batteries in the LG remote. You could then take the remote into a shop and have them test the thing to make sure it's even sending out a signal. 3rd, last but not least, you may have to resort to taking the set into a shop for service.

Thank you so much for getting back to me and I`m sorry I haven`t responded sooner. I have been away working for two days and just got back a moment ago (it`s 3.a.m. here in West London). When I have time tomorrow I`ll check the batteries in the remote and if that doesn`t work I`ll think about getting LG to check it out. Again, many many thanks for your patience and trouble.

Frank.

Henry42
There is no need to take the

There is no need to take the remote into a store to test if it is sending out signals. Point the front of the remote at any digital camera or webcam, on the screen you should see the remote, while viewing the remote, push any button on the remote, you should see white flashing lights on the front of the remote. This is because remotes use infrared signals, essentially, infrared lights flashing in a coded sequence. Human eyes cannot see infrared light, but digital cameras can. My LG tv has also stopped responding to the original remote, and my universal remote, 6 days out of warranty

Jessi
I know this is an old post,

I know this is an old post, but.... My remote stopped responding & did some searching around.... The contacts on the "remote control in" get corroded or whatever even if you never have used the input. This will disable the IR sensor. Take a standard headphone jack like the one from your Ipod and plug & unplug it several times into the jack. Cycle power to the TV. Ding, done!! IR remote works again. Maybe even use some contact cleaner, what the hey....

Curiousgirl
Where can i see that remote

Where can i see that remote input thingy? I have the same dilemma. :( pls help

flipya4it
dagger dan-you are a genius

dagger dan-you are a genius!this absolutely works-i dont knopw why but it does.anyone whose remote has suddenly and mysteriously stopped working should try this.

thanks again dan.

71chevyvan
frank

frank
pardon me if i missed your home country (region).
if you are USA based,region 1, that sony hack will not work. we're stuck w/region 1 only on all sony models.
i know this as i research this and i own a mega jukebox,a HTIB and a bluray player all sony.
just my .02cents worth
barry

lordkevin
Thanks for the nice

Thanks for the nice information in this post post dear...

Connect With Techlore