please help Grandpa use his first new digital camera

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
art d
please help Grandpa use his first new digital camera

Hi .. Bought my first digital at Wal-mart last week .. think I may have a lemon.

It is a Samsung S630, 6 meg thing.

Right out of box .. installed new batteries .. read the inadequate manual .. took about 3 shots and got the low battery warning .. installed fresh ones .. took a few more shots .. and darn if the exact same thing happenned.

I think something is wrong with what I'm doing and am sick with the idea of having to return it to the maker. Accidentally ran into someone else who just bought same camera from a different Wal-Mart and who has the identical problem, but has no computer to read the CD that came with it for  troubleshooting and clearer use instructions. I think the CD is to load software to edit and e-mail photo's.

Where can I access better instructions or get advice?

Thanks,

Art 

art d
Please e-mail your help .. I

Please e-mail your help .. I may never be able to  find this web again.

Larry Dillon
art d, the link to this is

art d, the link to this is http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/18367/please-help-Grandpa-use-his-first-new-digital-camera/;jsessionid=4AD15F3D49D15EF4E02B40D5EE0EDC28

Ok now art, you should not use "Dollar store" or cheap batteries for a Camera.  You should buy high capacity rechargable type batteries.  They cost more YES.  But they last you a long time.  I have four sets of high capacity rechargable batteries and have had them for over two years.  Bottom line my friend, you use cheap or inexpensive batteries, the camera will suck the life out of them big time! Good Luck.  And if you do get the rechargable HIGH CAPACITY type batteries and they don't last long, then YES take the camera back.  Let us know how you make out.  Good Luck

ShelS
I first used my S630 with the

I first used my S630 with the supplied alkaline batteries and had the same short battery life as Art. I changed to Ni-MH, but cannot get back to the menu that allows me to set the batery type. The battery life now seems adquate, but how do I tell the camera it now has Ni-MH batteries in it?

Larry Dillon
What is the complete Model

What is the complete Model Number please  Are there any other letters or numbers?

Larry Dillon
Sorry i found the camera

Sorry i found the camera online as it is a differant division of Samsung, but they do not have any manuals available yet.  The question you asked should be located in the manual somewhere.

Connect With Techlore