Cell Phones are now Fashion Statements?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
Cell Phones are now Fashion Statements?

Okay, so I know every kid now has a cell phone and that they're coming in all shades of pink to make the ladies happy, but are they really fashion statements?  I came across this article and was amazed!

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Fears?

The TechLore Team
phones have been fashion

phones have been fashion statements  for years now - Razr, anyone?

dkaz
I'm more amused by how

I'm more amused by how profitable the ringtone industry has become...

THEY are the real fashion statement for most kids these days

Matt Whitlock
dkaz said: I'm more amused

dkaz said: I'm more amused by how profitable the ringtone industry has become... THEY are the real fashion statement for most kids these days

Reminds me all those late night advertisements... 

"You can be super cool and the hit of the party. All yo peeps have the awsom-est tones, and you can get  'em too. Don't be an unpopular nobody! Text "megatone" to "000000" now! ($25 fee applies. Not guaranteed to make you cool.)

Does anyone acutally use these services? 

Jeff Block
I'm actually somewhat amazed

I'm actually somewhat amazed that especially adults use the whole ringtone thing.  Even kids.  It's such a black hole of money, given that most of them require you to re-up every 3 months.  Same thinking for songs at iTunes ... maybe people will just throw endless cash at it.

The TechLore Team
ringtones have to be the #1

ringtones have to be the #1 rip-off in the CE space

dkaz
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk
Larry Dillon
I have a program someone gave

I have a program someone gave me that turns parts of songs into ringtones, then I can e-mail them to me and load them up.  It is called on-click ringtone converter.  It is pretty cool.  My favorite one is Long Train Running  By the Doobie brothers, or Against the Wind by Bob Sieger.   Cool

dkaz
would that work with LG env?

would that work with LG env?

I still haven't figured out how to get new ringtones into it..."Ode to Joy" loses its appeal after its played 50+ times

Larry Dillon
Dont know look it up on the

Dont know look it up on the web, but If I am not mistaking I think I had a friends key.  I will need to research this a bit.

Shinigami71
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Dont know look it up on the web, but If I am not mistaking I think I had a friends key.  I will need to research this a bit.

Myxertones.com FTW guys.

Free all the way excluding the message charge (whatever you pay to recieve a media message)

Larry Dillon
yes and you can also send

yes and you can also send rigtones fom a bluetooth phone if your phon also is bluetooth capable.

Connect With Techlore