52" rca fuzzy picture on edges

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
greendudley
52" rca fuzzy picture on edges

Hi, I wondered if someone could help me.  I have an 52" rca model P52926S projection tv that is giving me problems.  A couple of days ago the left and right sides of the picture got fuzzy, Like the colors weren't converging right, but just on the sides.  The center of the picture is fine.  It almost looks like the picture is dish dish shaped instead of flat.  It started doing it, then kind of popped, and was fine for a while, then did it again, this time staying "curved looking" on the sides.  It is very noticable when I look at my guide on my satellite.  Any suggestions on what might be wrong are appreciated.

Larry Dillon
This sounds like a problem

This sounds like a problem with the convergence circuit. Some of these RCA's have IC's that controls the convergence circuit, and some of these RCA's have trnasistors to control the circuits.. You will need a service manual to look at the convergence circuit and find out what is not working.  If you have no solid state repair experience, please call in an authorized RCA repair shop to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Connect With Techlore