Inserting CD turns off home stereo

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
djreg4
Inserting CD turns off home stereo

I have an RCA Home stereo (radio, cassette, CD) Model RP-9547B, manufactured in 1997 which works great except for a new problem with the CD player. When I insert a CD, it says it is reading the CD, then it immediately goes to standby and will not play the CD.  I have tried this with several CDs and it happens with all of them.  Any suggestions?  Thank you so much!

Larry Dillon
The problem you have is

The problem you have is common for this unit after these units are older then a few years.  The spindle motor or the laser is most likely the problem.  You should try to clean the laser lens first by taking off the top and carefully, with a cotton swab with some alcohol on it, in a slow swirling motion clean off the laser lens and then take the other side of the cotton swab( the dry side) and do the same thing.  Or use a lens cleaning disc.  If this does not help, i'm afraid you will need to purchace another unit as I really do not think this one will be worth repairing as it is 10 years old already.  Good Luck and let us know if you fix it and what it took to repair.

djreg4
Larry Dillon said: The

Larry Dillon said: The problem you have is common for this unit after these units are older then a few years.  The spindle motor or the laser is most likely the problem.  You should try to clean the laser lens first by taking off the top and carefully, with a cotton swab with some alcohol on it, in a slow swirling motion clean off the laser lens and then take the other side of the cotton swab( the dry side) and do the same thing.  Or use a lens cleaning disc.  If this does not help, i'm afraid you will need to purchace another unit as I really do not think this one will be worth repairing as it is 10 years old already.  Good Luck and let us know if you fix it and what it took to repair.

I should have mentioned in my first post that I did try a lens cleaning disc, but the stereo went into standby mode with it also and I was not able to clean it.  Is it worth cleaning it with the cotton swab, knowing the problem I had with the cleaning CD?

Thanks so much. 

Larry Dillon
Yes I think it might be worth

Yes I think it might be worth at least a try my friend.

jw
where can i get a manual for

where can i get a manual for this product at rca rp-9547b. let me know thank you

jw
i need a manual for an rca rp

i need a manual for an rca rp-9547b.

Connect With Techlore