how to connect sony dvd/vcr recorder to tv with ant. input

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
sleepy
how to connect sony dvd/vcr recorder to tv with ant. input

Hey, I just bought a new Sony dvd/vcr recorder mod#RDR-VX511. I need to know how to connect the recorder to a T.v. with only an antenna input and no no cable selector switch. I know the new recorder work because I have tried connecting the rca output cables from the new dvd recorder to an old vcrs' input jacks on ch av1, but I would like to connect my new directly without the use of the old vcr. If anyone can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks sleepy. 

Larry Dillon
Ok first thing you need to do

Ok first thing you need to do is if you do not have an instruction manual go HERE to download one.  Now to connect up the recorder to an antenna input.  First thing to do is disconnect anything you have hook up right now to the antenna input on the TV set.  Now take the wire that you disconnected from the antenna input from the TV set and connect it to the ant. input on the new recorder.  Next step is to take the  wire supplied with the new recoreder with the RF connectors on it and connect up one end to the TV set where you just tool off the wire  off of and then the other end to the OUTPUT of the new video recorder, and your all set!  Good Luck and please let us know how you do with this hook-up.

Connect With Techlore