Mitsubishi hd1080 projection

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
fvc1901
Mitsubishi hd1080 projection

We just got this "brand new used" tv and plugged it in and no picture but we have sound and we have already hooked it up to the satellite.  We still can get the menu screens from the tv's remote but no guide from the satellite.  Any help would be great. 

Larry Dillon
How do you have everything

How do you have everything hooked up?  Are you useinf RF cables, Video cables, or maybe scart Cables?

fvc1901
Larry Dillon said: How do you

Larry Dillon said: How do you have everything hooked up?  Are you useinf RF cables, Video cables, or maybe scart Cables?

I'm bought HD cable to hook up from sat receiver to tv.

Larry Dillon
Hook up the Satillite

Hook up the Satillite receiver via the RF and see if it works through the tuner on the TV set, or use the yellow video and red and white audio cables. if you then get a picture I would say the HD cable is defective.

fvc1901
Larry Dillon said: Hook up

Larry Dillon said: Hook up the Satillite receiver via the RF and see if it works through the tuner on the TV set, or use the yellow video and red and white audio cables. if you then get a picture I would say the HD cable is defective.

On the back of the TV, the hd cable is hooked into the Ant-A plug, is that the tuner? There is also an ANT- A and Loop Out plug.  I think we have already done that and still no picture.  When we wheeled it out of my friends house it was kind of bumpy, could that have shook it enough to bust the lamps?

Larry Dillon
No you did not preak the CRTs

No you did not preak the CRTs but do you see anything on the screen like the menu?

fvc1901
Larry Dillon said: No you did

Larry Dillon said: No you did not preak the CRTs but do you see anything on the screen like the menu?

I can see the menus but that's it

Larry Dillon
Have you tryed to use the

Have you tryed to use the video inputs yet?

fvc1901
yes, but do I have to change

yes, but do I have to change the input selection on the tv?

Larry Dillon
Yes you do But I am not sure

Yes you do But I am not sure if you can do this without the original remote.

fvc1901
I have the original remote,

I have the original remote, but what do I need to do, step by step, please.

fvc1901
Okay, we tried to hook up the

Okay, we tried to hook up the video camera to the video inputs and still no picture but we get sound.

Larry Dillon
Ok it looks like something

Ok it looks like something got knocked out or a board cracked or somethiong like that.  How did you transport the set. I hope you don't say on its side? :>(

fvc1901
NO, not on it's side.  In a

NO, not on it's side.  In a van with carpet floor standing up.  I talked to Mitsubishi and they suggested I unplug for 30 min. and then plug back in.

Is a cracked board bad or expensive?

fvc1901
Now it can give subtitles

Now it can give subtitles when in mute so far. Willing to do anything to fix it, but does this have to be done by a repair shop? As of now, I have the entire back panel off.

Larry Dillon
How much do you know about

How much do you know about electronic TV repair?  Do you have a service manual. Would you know what circuits to check if I told you to check the Video or vertical drive or output circuits?

fvc1901
NOt very much but some. I

NOt very much but some. I would like to try to repair it myself.  I am working on getting the manual from the friend who sold me the tv. Could you tell me where these drives  or circuts would be located?

mklassen
I have a Mitsubishi HD1080 WT

I have a Mitsubishi HD1080 WT 46809, and need to order the 2 convergence chips as well as the service manuel on how to do it. Thanks

Connect With Techlore