Allegro DVD STUCK in Progressive Scan and I need it UNSTUCK, PLEASE HELP!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
desi45
Allegro DVD STUCK in Progressive Scan and I need it UNSTUCK, PLEASE HELP!

Please, can anyone help me fix my DVD?  I can't find my ower's manual and I can't find one to access on line.  HELP, PLEASE?  When I put a DVD in the player, the screen only shows Progressive Scan...that is it.  HELP, PLEASE?

Thank you,

videodoktor
Ok let's figure it out. Some

Ok let's figure it out. Some Dvd players have a switch on there rear to select between Progressive scan and Interlace.  Check there first. But (you knew that was coming) most video and audio options are menu driven. So I am guessing you have the unit connected to a progressive able tv? Like a High Diefinition monitor or HD compatable tv? If so make sure you are using the Componet outputs on the DVD player connect the Red Green Blue cable from the DVD to the HD input on the tv/monitor. Select that input and you should be able to see something now. If you do press the menu key on the DVD remote since I don't know what model DVD or have seen how it's menu is layed out or how they use terms to describe functions look around on the ON SCREEN MENU the DVD plaer is generating and see if you are able to select between PROGESSIVE and INTERLACED some where on that menu it is there. If you do not have a HD set or monitor maybe you have a friend you hook your DVD unit too. I hope this will help and not confuse you but I am sure this will (fix) you DVD. And take your time and do not panic and get mad just look around on that setup menu the DVD player shows on screen.Sealed

desi45
Thank you.  I will give it a

Thank you.  I will give it a try and let you know what happens.

Smile

besimp
I am having the exact same

I am having the exact same problem with the Allegro DVD/VCR combo. There is no way that I can get back to the set-up menu. All I can see on the screen is "Progresive Scan Mode". Elsewhere in this forum, there was a reply given for a Zenith DVD that suggested hooking up the unit to a TV using the composite "yellow" jack to get back to the menu screen, but this did not work. This unit allows connections via the coax cable (ant) ports which can allow access thru CATV. There are no physical switches on the back of the unit or access to the menu to reverse this mode set-up. Although I have not tried,  perhaps there could be a switrch on the chassis (inside the case)? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernard 

besimp
After many agonizing months,

After many agonizing months, I finally found the user manual and fixed the problem. With the TV and DVD player on press the "STOP" button on the remote for more than five seconds or until the start-up screen appears. The problem is now solved. If I had the manual when this problem first occurred I would have saved the cost of expensive cables.

Connect With Techlore