aKAI lct2715 ref vs Akai lct 2785ta

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
PEANUTBALL
aKAI lct2715 ref vs Akai lct 2785ta

The 2715 now causes loud ac hum in my Pioneer SX255 audio system.  LCD TV is sitting on cabnit about 7" seperation, I unplug it and SILENCE.

I plugged it in to other outlets in other room via three prong exstension and also same with Pioneer,  all except cable and composit Y R G unhooked from Akai,  I grounded LCD to Pioneer, hum not gone.  Do you think getting another model the Akai LCT2785TA almost a year newer, will solve problem?  Is another  brand only solution?  Is it my system?

GOD BLESS YOU, DONALD, WALDPORT OR

Larry Dillon
Did this just happen Donald,

Did this just happen Donald, or is this from the first time you had all of this plugged into the wall or from the start?

PEANUTBALL
L. D.;  This is the 2nd Akai

L. D.;  This is the 2nd Akai LCT2715  they sent out 1st pic. flash out frequent, so 2nd I now have is same with this hum, as did the first.  I am going to pay extra and get the Akai LCT2785TA which I hope will be complete different, has better spec.  and will not do the hum.

Larry Dillon
Yes it does sound freaky that

Yes it does sound freaky that you are having troubles with two sets.  Please let us know how you make out when you get the new set.

PEANUTBALL
How can I solve the problem? 

How can I solve the problem?  Could I cover equipment with a lead shield?

Is this a symptom of any Akai LCD or any other brand?

MOtvGuy
I would avoid anything that

I would avoid anything that says AKAI on it like the plague.

We service these things, mostly for Walmart and Sams Club and have a terrible time getting parts or if we do get the parts it's not the correct one or it doesn't work, service information that's correct and they don't have a techline you can call.  You must email them and wait for a response that never comes.

PEANUTBALL
MODERATOR;  Fortunately  I'm

MODERATOR;  Fortunately  I'm getting good satisfaction because ESI ENTERPRISES, Inc,  Woodland Hills, CA told me no teck. in my area, so send it in, they so far just exchanged the sets, but then sent junck back for junck sent in.  They say buy another model, they say is NEW, I am thinking wheather to purchase or ask for refund of orignal purchase.  LCT2785TA is a much better specks on paper.

MOtvGuy
My advice is get a refund.  I

My advice is get a refund.  I'm well aware of those wonderful folks at ESI.  They're clueless.  The fact that you got a replacement that was no better than the one you sent in is also no surprise, that's what happens with most of the parts we get from them (the few that we actually get that is.)

PEANUTBALL
MOtvGUY:  any suggestion as

MOtvGUY:  any suggestion as to the lo hum from my Bose Speakers only when AKAI LCD T.V. is plugged into outlet (ac duplex)  even with everything disconnected?  I took it around the corner to another room plugged it in and no hum.ONLY when on equipment cabnet.  I think it's model of Akai T.v., or all Akai T.V.,  what are your thoughts?  

Larry Dillon
Check the AC socket for

Check the AC socket for proper ground, neutral, and hot wire. The large slot in the socket is the neutral, the small slot is the hot and the round hole is the ground. Take an AC test lamp and stick one end into the small slot and the other end in the round, hole, If it does not light there is a problem with the wiring, You can conferm this by then sticking one lead of your test lamp into the large slot and the other end of the test light into the round hole, if it does light then, the neutral and the hot wires are reversed and should be changed by an electrician, unless you know how to work with AC power.

PEANUTBALL
  I thought I'd give you all

I thought I'd give you all the final story ESI sent me the Akai 2785ta  May 4th it was new box showed freight damage, but it works "super" no hum, buzz, or ?  I located hum by disconnecting FM antenna to Pioneer from splitter that fed set RF I got the updated set and the others did have defects, as stated.  Now I'm a happy camper.  This is a good set I recomend it even if you pay the advertised $550.00 if you can find a Radio Shack store selling it at that price, store in my town has it @ $795.00  remember ecost.com has refurbished LCT2785TA at $309.99  I know that's a good price even if you send it back as I had to do, remember  they paid all freight.  I did pay a bit more but I started with another then upgrade to new.

Connect With Techlore