Technics SH-EH790

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
jayflame
Technics SH-EH790

I have an error code F61 on switch on, then shuts to standby. I have replaced the main amp/processor to no avail. I have tried to source the service manual but do not have a dealership with Technics.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

dans_repair_service
The F61 error is a mechanical

The F61 error is a mechanical system failure.  The CD loading mechanism is out of time and needs to be rebuilt.  I believe that this model requires an internal modification to prevent this from happening again.  I'll check the lit on Monday to verify this.  The fix for this will require a complete rebuild that can not be attempted without a service manual as the steps MUST be done in the correct order.  An incorrect reset will damage the nylon parts requiring additional cost and time.

Dan

jayflame
Hi Dan,

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your input, however, I have tried to start up the unit without the tape or CD units attached and am still getting the F61 fault, therefore I am doubtful it is a problem with the CD unit.

I am however positive it is a component failure somewhere in the power supply circuits. I have removed & checked various diodes and no faults. I'm thinking it is a trans or IC but am getting to a loose end.

Thanks again for your input and would appreciate any further assistance. Once the fault is found & replaced (even if sourced elsewhare) I will be more than happy to share this info on this thread.

Jay

dans_repair_service
Some of these mullt-piece

Some of these mullt-piece units require feedback from each part for a successful startup.  I will check on Monday for this specific model, but I believe that if hte CD does not signal a successful initialization, the unit will read a failure.  I'll post more info Monday night.

Dan

jayflame
Blimey mate, don't you sleep?

Blimey mate, don't you sleep?? LOL Thanx 4 a reply so soon. Monday's a Bank holiday so don't worry, help is appreciated & u R fast becomming "Dan The Man!"LOL

Happy Easter

Jsy

jayflame
Have tried the rebuild of the

Have tried the rebuild of the CD loading mech and it appears to be in the correct time as will open & close when powered seperately to the main unit, however, once connected to the main unit, the fault code appears yet again. Removed from the main unit and the CD mech loads, plays & unloads as it should. I believe this F61 coded fault lies elsewhere.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Jay

Csharp84
Any solutions? My eh770 now

Any solutions? My eh770 now has it, developed after seriously loud playback it definatly has nothing to do with the cd drive.

sekyerep
I have an error code F61 on

I have an error code F61 on switch on, then shuts to standby. I have replaced the main amp/processor to no avail. I have tried to source the service manual but do not have a dealership with Technics.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
prince

Connect With Techlore