Casio ExilimEX-S770 Decode Video File Format

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
dirtbaglocko
Casio ExilimEX-S770 Decode Video File Format

I have a Casio Exilim EX-S700, I would like to edit the videos I capure. I can crop the video at the beginning middle and end with the camera or some software that came with the camera. But I would really like to cut add visual affects and music with Sony Vegas 5.0 But the AVI files are coded in some way that will only load the audio portion or the file into Sony Vegas. Please help is there any way to convert the file into a usable format or decode the file???

dirtbaglocko
Okay I worked on my stuff and

Okay I worked on my stuff and got a free file converting software program. It's actually designed to change the video file from whatever format to MJEG4 so that you can load the video on an iPod. Now I can open it in Sony Vegas. Now here is the catch. The video channel is really "grainy" and pixeled. Is that just because the video file was captured on my digital camera or was it converted poorly? Any help would be awesome!

Documentaryman
I have the same problem more

I have the same problem more or less.   I found the Open source program VirtualDub which will both play them and convert them to a useable format.   It's not without bugs and quirks but it works.  What program did you find for converting?

dirtbaglocko
Jodix, just a Freeware

Jodix, just a Freeware program that I found for converting to MPEG4 for iPods. That camera all of a sudden broke and I took it back to Costco. So Now saving up for the Sony HDR-FX1 Camcorder. Then I won't have that problem.

Connect With Techlore