digi transistors

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Randy
Randy's picture
digi transistors

I'm trying to repair a jvc home theater. I have no power going to the sub. While checking the main board I noticed a component that looks like it could be burned out. In the service manual it is listed Q4811 part number KRA102S-X cross referenced it and also used is ECG2414 and RN1402. Apparently it's a digi transistor. I know nothing about these. Does anyone know how I can check or test this component?

Larry Dillon
Larry Dillon's picture
ECG2414       Transistor-NPN,

ECG2414       Transistor-NPN, Silicon, Digital Driver  Can be checked with a diode scale on a digital multimeter but will not measure like a regular transistor as this transistor is really two transistors with a resistor in the same package.  I just make sure that the transistor is not shorted. If I suspect that this part is bad, i replace it.  Good Luck and let us know how this repair goes.

dans_repair_service
dans_repair_service's picture
That part is the same as a

That part is the same as a DTC124.  You may have better luck finding the DTC than the RN part.  As Larry said, this is really 2 transistors adn a resistor in a single package.  These are usually used to switch lines on and off.  This would account for the lack of the sub out you referenced in another posting.

Dan

Randy
Randy's picture
I had a spare subwoofer  and

I had a spare subwoofer  and managed to find the same part (KRA102S-X) in it. I took it and placed it in the player. It works great, but boy are those little things ever hard to work with when you only have a big solder iron!!

Connect With Techlore