Samsung Blackjack storage problems

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pete_M
Samsung Blackjack storage problems

I have a Samsung Blackjack with a 1GB sd card and for some reason the phone keeps telling me I don't have enough storage. The storage on the phone is 53.0 mb used of 54.8 avail. but the memory card is only 27.1 md used of 968 avail. How do I or can I make the device use the card as default storage.

Peter Redmer
Hi - I also purchased a 1GB

Hi - I also purchased a 1GB microSD card for my Blackjack and have been using it for some time.  I will say I am not sure how to flag the card as "default" storage, for example, for email.  Those are saved on the device but you can tell the email app to only download the headers, allowing you to get the full message if you desire.  Programs can be installed on the SD card as well to save you space.  You can move things to the SD card by using the File Manager (access from the start menu) and if you are using ActiveSync you can access the SD card in the phone directly and copy things directly to it.  

In the camera/videocam app you can elect the storage card as the default storage medium and photos/videos will save directly to the card.  You can do this through the settings menu in the camera app.

Hope this helps! 

Pete_M
Thanks for your help. I kinda

Thanks for your help. I kinda figured you couldn't set the card for default storage for the phone but im not very good at finding the ways to do it if it is possible. you help alot thanks

smpod01
I can get to the Camera /

I can get to the Camera / Options / General page, but when I try to change the default storage setting, it is greyed out and I cannot access that option? Anyone have any ideas why that might be, or how I can make it so I can access the Default Storage option so I can save pics/videos to the Micro SD card.

Thanks alot!

Connect With Techlore