2004 RCA D52W20

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
derring1
2004 RCA D52W20

Hi,

I have a 2004 RCA D52W20. While watching it the picture froze, TV turned off and now the only thing that happens is the power button flashes green. It even flashes for a few seconds when the electrical cord is unplugged.

I've been told it may be the power supply. Does anyone know if that sounds right and what a round about cost would be?  THX!

MOtvGuy
Those sets are notorious for

Those sets are notorious for having many problems causing what you're describing. The power supply/deflection board is avaliable aftermarket via PTS.  Too many things that can cause that to hazard a $$ price.

scrog
I have the exact same tv

I have the exact same tv april 2004, second one as  a matter of fact the first one had this problem within months and they replaced the tv due to part being on back order.  My current one will not even turn on now, the green light comes on the power then shuts off... wish there was more help on what to replace!!!

MOtvGuy
There's no more help on what

There's no more help on what parts to replace due to the number of different parts that can cause that symptom.

From an arcing crt to an SSB to the deflection PC board.  We work on a lot of those units, they're a piece of junk, lacking a better word. 

Larry Dillon
LOL you said it Buddie!

LOL you said it Buddie! perfect words to say.

Connect With Techlore