sony TV blinks

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
NAB
sony TV blinks

I have a sony rear projection TV model KP-53HS10. The timer/standby light flashes 5 times. Picture blinks, sound is normal. I have it plugged into a wall outlet and have unplugged it, waited and plugged it back in. It's normal for about 2 min and the 5 flashes reappear with no apparent pattern. Any help with the diagnostic code?

Silva
You need  the D board part

You need  the D board part number is A-1346-873-A.  new D board costs $249.95. 

NAB
Is this a board a DIY can

Is this a board a DIY can change.? Where is it located and/or where can I get a schematic?

Larry Dillon
A free schematic of this Sony

A free schematic of this Sony TV set can be downloaded from here:http://www.schematicsforfree.com/arch... Simply go to the website and find the Model number on the list and download for free. You are allowed I think one a month unless you pay a fee. The A-1346-873-A "D" board at my source( http://www.partstore.com/PartNumberSe... says this board is not available. A tech should be able to repair this board. Good Luck, and let us know how this repair turns out.

NAB
Before I call someone listed

Before I call someone listed with sony, is this a problem that can be fixed at the house or will the set have to go to the shop? Is this a board that I could spray some freeze over it to locate the faulty component and then change that piece? Any idea what this will cost to repair?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Most likely in the shope as

Most likely in the shope as the TV set will need to be looked at with a schematic to see where the problem is. Unless you can read a schematic, use a multimeter, and trouble shoot solid state electronic printed circuit boards, you will not be able to repair this TV set. i doubt that freeze spray would help you in this repair, Good Luck and keep us posted on this repair.

NAB
I use schematics daily and

I use schematics daily and can use a multimeter but have limited experience troubleshooting cicuit boards unless you men ohming out each component to verify its rated values.

Larry Dillon
Check video out, Q705, 732,

Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A board. In addition, unit could be in IK blanking, try turning up screen slightly.

NAB
OK, how do I turn up the

OK, how do I turn up the screen. Also this problem is only when watching through the cable box. When watching a DVD it doesn't blink but the red light still flashes. I appre4ciate your help.

Silva
Check the HV regulator

Check the HV regulator transistor (Q8008) may have  a Gate to Source short.

NAB
If this was one of our small

If this was one of our small sets I'd like to experiment with it but being this is the main expensive set I'll leave to the pro's and stay out of the dog house. I'll post a thread when it's finished.

NAB
The tech just left. He

The tech just left. He adjusted the Q2 and cleaned. Took him about 15min and $160. But it does look better and the blinking has stopped.

Larry Dillon
WOW thats an expensive

WOW thats an expensive service call! He adjusted the G2 thats the screen control I mentioned

negrito
hi Dillon i have a sony model

hi Dillon i have a sony model kp-53hs10 and when i connect the plug to the oulet it turns on and shout down and the standby lights starts blinking and it blinks for 4 times what does it mean and what can i do?i would apreciate your help!!!Laughing

Silva
Unit may have a defective

Unit may have a defective flyback transformer T8003. pn 1-453-285-11.

negrito
ok thanks !!!in which board

ok thanks !!!in which board would i find this transformer!!!!!Laughing

Larry Dillon
negrito, Four blinks - No

negrito, Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505.  This could also be because of a bad capacitor or the vertical output IC.  You will need to get the service manual for this set to find where all the Parts are located my friend.
  Good Luck and let us know if you get thisn TV set repaired and what the problem(s) were.

negrito
Dillon by any chance do you

Dillon by any chance do you know where can i get the manual?

Larry Dillon
negrito, sure leave an e-mail

negrito, sure leave an e-mail address and go to pando.com and get their free download as thats how I mail them, and I would be more then happy to share a copy with you. You will save at least 25 bucks but you must promise to share this site with as many of peeps as you can.

negrito
Yes Dillon i promise i will

CoolYes Dillon i promise i will share it with evryones that needs help!!!my email address is [email protected] and thanks again for all the help and support u are giving me thanks a lot!!!

Larry Dillon
Share this site with all your

Share this site with all your friends and other peeps too. Concider it done, Manual on its way. Good Luck.

JoJodfg
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the same problem as Negrito above with the KP53HS10, 4 blinks and dead. Could you share the service manual with me?
Thank you in advance,
Jo

Larry Dillon
the service manual can be

the service manual can be download from here at techlore. Go to the home page and about half way down on the riht side of the page click on the link free amanuals download!!!

bbutze
My T.V.'s (same model)standby

My T.V.'s (same model)standby light is continuously flashing. Any advice?

diogenesfaustus
I have a sony kv32fs120. It

I have a sony kv32fs120. It has no picture but has 5 blinks on the standby red light. Two t.v. repair guys stopped by and told me it was the flyback transformer' they said it would be more economical to do it myself and showed me how. my question is this, 5 blinks stands for akb video patch. not to question them but before i purchase the wrong thing which is it and where can i purchase it

Connect With Techlore