Convergence Samsung HCP 4752

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ponyman
Convergence Samsung HCP 4752

I have a convergence problem with the message "check Factory settings".

Can anyone tell me how to access the service mode with the remote and what the settings should be?

This happened after a service person adjusted the convergence but the real problem was a bad convergence board.

I have taken the project on and replaced the convergence board BP950041SC.

I now need to reset the TV to factory convergence settings that are saved?  By using the remote I think I would go to service mode and press a "2"?

Larry Dillon
You are going to need to get

You are going to need to get the service manual, as you should never ever attempt to adjust any service mode ajustment without a service manual.  After replacing the convergence board you will for sure need to do some convergence alighnment, as the factory settings are not 100% for all TV sets.  They are simply a starting point and depending on the board, could be way out when you do this.  What you need to do is like I said, go to samsungparts.com, enter the model number and order the service manual.  When you receive the manual, you will then see exactly how to go into the service mode.  Next go to each adjustment and WRITE THEM DOWN!!!  I cannot stress this point far enough.  I have seen it over 100 times where a customer will mess with the service menu and try to adjust something and it screws up the tV set big time.  If they had only  written down all of the adjustment numbers and where they all were set to, the set would have been easy as pie to repair.  Like I said you simply cannot replace an entire board and expect it to work.  There are part tolorences on every part on that printed circuit board.  Good luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Ponyman

I have finally received the manual.  Aligning the red and green were no problem but the blue (the one that is furthest out) will not align the horizontal line-the vertical is no problem.   The horizontal will not move at all??

Larry Dillon
You will need to change the

You will need to change the convergence board my friend.

Ponyman
I had replaced the

I had replaced the convergance board & that is why i was adjusting the convergence--I got a bad board?  Is there a way to see if the board is good?  A certian pin on the board should measure a certian level?

Thanks,

For all your help. 

Larry Dillon
No, now that you have the

No, now that you have the manual you will need to check the CP(circuit protectors) that are fuses on the convergence power board. You will need to look at the plus and minus 24 volt B+ on the convergence IC's and see what is missing.

videodoktor
The convergence amplifiers

The convergence amplifiers are not working if you replaced the amp board it should hve worked and just a little adjustment may have bee needed. If you replaced just the IC's a resitor on the board may be open.

Larry Dillon
There are also circuit

There are also circuit protectors that will blow out when one or more of the IC's blows thia is located in the power supply I think

Ponyman
Thanks.

Thanks.

I will look at the schematic. 

Larry Dillon
I am sorry ponyman what was

I am sorry ponyman what was the model and did you send me the schematic or service manual on this set?

ellenr
I have a similar problem.

I have a similar problem.

I have a HC-P4752W that was a gift because the previous owner accessed the controls menu and screwed something up.

After discussing the symptoms it sounds like the converenge board was the initial problem.

Right now the power light comes on, and the startup tone comes on followed by a breif flash on the screen.   Other than tv power the remote has no visible effect, then is cycles through the same process.

Can anyone help, it seems like a nice tv if I can fix it.

thanks,

in the dark 

Ponyman
Larry Dillon said: I am sorry

Larry Dillon said: I am sorry ponyman what was the model and did you send me the schematic or service manual on this set?

I have a hard copy of the schematics and manual.  Send them by snail mail or scan them in?

Ponyman
 Can anybody help me identify

Can anybody help me identify what to measure on my schematics to ID if the power supplies are working?

zapdbf
You need to read the

You need to read the schematic, find the convergence ic's on the schematic, and locate the pins with the positive and negative power supplies attached, then with the set on check to see if the voltage is the same (or close) to what is listed in the manual. If one of them are missing follow the wire back to the power supply source, making note of any fuses in the line. - if all of that is good, then you need to look on the output side of the convergence ic's and check the resistors connected to the outputs to make sure they are the correct value as listed in the manual. if they are off or open replace the defective resistor. do this part with the tv un-plugged with the meter measuring ohms.

Larry Dillon
Great advice, but on these

Great advice, but on these sets it is usually the convergence ic's that cause this problem. You can simply unplug the convergence board and see if the set comes back on. Just do not play it for any long period of time. It is best that after you disconnect the plugs and hear the set come on, you unplug the set. you may have open pico type fuses on the plus and minus 22 volt lines also. All Samsung manuals for these projection TV sets have a great troubleshooting flow chart. I have repaired many a TV sets using a flow chart. Oh but I just reread the thread and you are having problems with one color? The board could be bad then. If one of the fuses was bad, all the colors would not line up.

natestansfield
How to enter service menu on

How to enter service menu on the Samsung HC-P4752W

natestansfield
How to enter service menu on

How to enter service menu on the Samsung HC-P4752W

Connect With Techlore