Blurry DVD

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
LSU Ed
Blurry DVD

I have a 6 or 7 year old Sony 57" rear projection HD TV hooked up to a JVC CD/DVD player.  The red lense  on the TV went out recently and I had it replaced by a professional repair shop. The picture is now great, as good as it was when new.

I put in a DVD and the picture for the trailer was great but when the movie started, the picture became blurry...3 D like without the 3 D glasses.

I was confused that the picture on the trailer on the same disc was great but the movie was blurred, but I thought it was the DVD player. I switched out the  DVD player with another and the same thing happened. I took the original DVD player hooked it up to another  television and both the trailer and the movie's picture were great on the other TV.

I thought maybe the format of the disc might have changed but was told by Netflick that nothing had changed. 

Last night I was playing around with the TV and the DVD, trying to figure out what could have happened... I made sure both the TV and the DVD player were on progressive...same blurry image,......both on interlaced...same blurry image.

I have a PIP feature on this TV....I was surprised to see the DVD image was perfect on the slpit screen, but when I went back to the full screen it was back to blurry.

Any ideas ????? 

dans_repair_service
Can you please post the model

Can you please post the model number.  It sounds like the TV is having a rpoblem with the guard band info from the DVD.  Some DVDs only encode the guard band into the actual movie.  They don't mind you copying the trailers...

Dan

Connect With Techlore