57hw40

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jschuholz
57hw40

set doesn't converge - seems to have red bleeding on all screens.

When I run auto converge - cross never goes white - colors move on cross  with red squarea on top and botom of screen, and then cross goes away, but cross never gets white in focus. Any clue and does anyone have a service manual for my set ? Thanks, John   [email protected]

lokoz
clan you please give more

clan you please give more info about your set

jschuholz
RPTV had decent picture

RPTV had decent picture except red smears (about 1/2") whenever text was on screen. When auto focus was hit - a white cross appeared and tried to converge the red cross together but it never got there - took about a minute. Red cross was in focus but never lined up with white (blue and green guns !).  I then read in some blogs that the convergence chips might be bad. I put new one in (exact replacements) and now none of the guns line up. When auto focus is hit - the white cross is all colors and nothing moves - only stays on the screen for 10 seconds ! I have no clue now of whats happening. The pic now with text is three colors in different locations about 1/2" to 1" apart. The red gun seems to have a moon shape across the screen when a horizontal line is wupposed to be there. I don't understand why the auto focus does not align the guns.  John 

Connect With Techlore