25GT511 GE TV

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
techmate
25GT511 GE TV

This tv when power up shuts down right away .Any suggestions.

Silva
 i'm not familiar with this

i'm not familiar with this modle but , if this set has pin cushion resolder this  circuit. 

MOtvGuy
Did you check the B+ line

Did you check the B+ line feeding the verticle coming off the flyback via a fusible resistor through a diode?

techmate
MOtvGuy said: Did you check

MOtvGuy said: Did you check the B+ line feeding the verticle coming off the flyback via a fusible resistor through a diode?

yes i've the diode and resistor are ok.what about the yoke .Could i have some more info on your tech background.Are you familar with sony kp-61v85.presently i am working on one that is showing for five second and shuting ,this tv is a projection system.

MOtvGuy
Not familiar with that model

Not familiar with that model Sony.

As for the Daewoo,  if you've got verticle feeding the output IC then you've got something wrong with the output IC circuit.  Another component that fails is the pump-up diode, usually ref# D301 or something similar in most sets.  Check continuity from the output IC to the yoke plug connector on the main board, then up to the yoke and back to the chassis.  Check the ground return cap, often a large value like 3300uf with a low value fusible resistor to ground on the negative side of the cap. 

techmate
MOtvGuy said: Not familiar

MOtvGuy said: Not familiar with that model Sony.  As for the Daewoo,  if you've got verticle feeding the output IC then you've got something wrong with the output IC circuit.  Another component that fails is the pump-up diode, usually ref# D301 or something similar in most sets.  Check continuity from the output IC to the yoke plug connector on the main board, then up to the yoke and back to the chassis.  Check the ground return cap, often a large value like 3300uf with a low value fusible resistor to ground on the negative side of the cap. 

What is the value of this diode on this set it's a germinium i accidental chip the glass insulator it is still reaading correctly.how cani testthe yoke.

MOtvGuy
That won't be a glass diode

That won't be a glass diode on that pump up diode.  If you chipped a glass diode I'm not sure what it is.  As for the yoke,  as long as it measures very low ohms you're alright. 

techmate
Me again the la 7837 chip

Me again the la 7837 chip when i check it no volt at pin 13 nor pin 8 only pin one 1 around 10v .there are no voltage around the d301 which is odd.Would i have to i have to check the hirizontal output for this vcc for this vertical oscillator chip.

MOtvGuy
If you're getting no B+ to

If you're getting no B+ to that IC (approximately 25volts scan derived), you need to look to the fusible resistor and diode off the flyback feeding it. 

techmate

you were right the fuse resistor r417 is faulty ./what is it's value i have subitute a 1w 2.2 ohm resistor which is working ,the original marking is burnt off.Also whay is the value of the d301 diode. 

MOtvGuy said: If you're getting no B+ to that IC (approximately 25volts scan derived), you need to look to the fusible resistor and diode off the flyback feeding it.

MOtvGuy
Those are usually very low

Those are usually very low value. Usually a 1 ohm or 4.7

techmate
What sites would i find info

What sites would i find info on tv repairs,e.g cd's,manuals

techmate
Silva said:  i'm not

Silva said:  i'm not familiar with this modle but , if this set has pin cushion resolder this  circuit. 

WHERE WOULD I FIND THE PINCUSHION CIRCUIT.

Larry Dillon
If the resistor is gone make

If the resistor is gone make sure you check the capacitor right off of the diode in that line.  Also make sure there are no shorts in the line.  Check the diode with one side disconnected both ways on high ohms and make sure it is not leaky.   Check continuity.

Connect With Techlore