Black screen on Samsung DLP HLN5065W

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Firefly2.0
Black screen on Samsung DLP HLN5065W

I have a 50 in Samsung DLP Model # HLN5065W.  I was getting the replace lamp call with the 3 flashing lights and having problems with the TV fireing up. sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldnt and just blink all three leds on the front.

Then the next week it started up fine and then the screen would freeze up with a Back and white negative effect and had a terrible noise like a fan was humming or about to go out. Kind of high pitched sound. To top it off I couldnt get the TV to turn off so i had to unplug it when ever it did this. Probably a bad idea.......huh...........well it gets worst. while unplugging and replugging it when i tried to start it the screen will not do anything now.  So I figured it was the Color wheele and lamp that were giving me the problem. I replaced them. No Go. So i figure it was the Lamp Ballast. I replaced that too. Nothing seems to be working. The fans all come on but the lamp wont fire up and I cant hear the color wheele fire up either. Am I missing something here? Could it be the DMD board? or and i shudder when i say this.........The light engine?  or is there some magic reset button that i missed re-setting?

Re-cap

1.) Replaced Lamp

2.) Replaced color Wheele

3.) replaced Lamp Ballast

TV still will not show picture or sound. All fans come on and start up tone come on when power button is pressed but thats it.  Ive got it in the shop right now as i am totally lost now. The service guy is thinking that it is the light engine. But Im thinking its the DMD board. Ive got a service manual on the way but im open to all suggestions.

Alonzo
Have the exact same problem,

Have the exact same problem, what ever happened, did you find the magic reset button??? hahahahahahaha. Please help out if you can, Thanks Alonzo

Alonzo
Have the exact same problem,

Have the exact same problem, what ever happened, did you find the magic reset button??? hahahahahahaha. Please help out if you can, Thanks Alonzo

Jerry M
I have the same exact problem

I have the same exact problem.... Anybody responded? I am at a total loss.

kuro
Is that high pitch whine the

Is that high pitch whine the color wheele? My tv picture seems okay but I have a high pitch whine that comes on when the lamp lights up. Is this a costly fix? I sort of disappointed in the reflective glare problem with the viewing area.

Connect With Techlore