Magnavox 27MS343S - Override of Child Lock

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
blueraven
Magnavox 27MS343S - Override of Child Lock

Don't know if anyone can help but I have a Magnavox 27MS343S with the child lock enabled -NOT Parental Lock- (Child lock prevents use of front buttons of tv) when my toddler smashed the remote. Remote no longer works, TV was off when it happened and I can't turn it on. I've tried unplugging it and waiting for 10 sec., and 10 min (according to Magnavox tech people) and plugging it back in both with and without the power button being held down and it hasn't worked. The next bit of advice was to buy a universal remote, which I did but you have to have the TV on to program it. Does anyone know of any over ride for this feature? Tips, tricks ANYTHING??? Or how to program a universal remote without the tv being on?

c541881
same thing happened to me ???

same thing happened to me ?????.... cant figure it out

Larry Dillon
Philips and Magnavox:

Philips and Magnavox:

Philips sets use a four digit code to control the v-chip. The override code for Philip sets is 0711, although it may say "Incorrect code" the first time to trick you. If "Incorrect code" is displayed, simply enter 0711 again. To use it hit the MENU key to get to the menus. Go up or down until you reach AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK, depending on the model, and push the "right arrow" key on the remote. Enter the override code, and enter it a second time if it says it is incorrect.

Once in the AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK menu, go to BLOCK, and push the "right arrow" key. Go to BLOCKING OPTIONS and press the "right arrow" key. Go to MASTER DISABLE and press the "right arrow" key so that it says "MASTER DISABLE ON". The v-chip is now reset.

zapdbf
27MS343S does not have the v

27MS343S does not have the v chip in it, this is a front panel lockout control, we have delt with this issue before. This problem never makes it to me because the salesmen usaly takecare of it. So i can't remember the key squence, i will ask them and get back to you. 

blueraven
They only way to fix it is to

They only way to fix it is to buy a new remote from the sales man who won't let you speak to anyone in tech. If you do get to someone in tech, they tell you there is no code...sorry buy a new remote. NEVER WILL I BUY A PHILLIPS MAGNAVOX AGAIN.

Dottie
I enabled the child lock on

I enabled the child lock on Mag TV 27ms343S. I don't have a Magnavox remote. I was not able to get power to the TV until I tried reprogamming the TV with the comcast remote. It worked but now I have a problem manuvering my way around with the comcast remote to put in the 0711 code.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Thank you in advance.
Dottie

Jenni
I had the same problem. We

I had the same problem. We got a cheap universal remote from the dollar store & tried programming the remote with the tv off. Lo and behold it worked. Still cant get child lock off (menu button on the remote is unfunctioning) so we just have to manually put in the channel from the remote. A good temp fix!

rwarner
ZAPDBF,

ZAPDBF,

Have you found a solution for these folks ??

rwarner
Dottie said:

Dottie said:
I enabled the child lock on Mag TV 27ms343S. I don't have a Magnavox remote. I was not able to get power to the TV until I tried reprogamming the TV with the comcast remote. It worked but now I have a problem manuvering my way around with the comcast remote to put in the 0711 code.
Is there anyone out there that can help?
Thank you in advance.
Dottie

dottie..

Any luck with your issue ??  I am ready to toss my only 7 years old TV because I cannot find a sloution to fix the child lock.

Larry Dillon
You will probably never get a

You will probably never get a chance to buy another Phillips/Magnavox as I Have been told they no longer sell those models/makes of tv sets in the US any longer.
Larry D.

Flame
I have a Phillips Magnavox

I have a Phillips Magnavox Stereo TV mnufactured 3318I261D May 1998 with model # TP2780 C101 and serial # 84026786 made in Greenville, Tennessee. I am having issues with it not turning on. All I hear is a "click" as I try to turn it on but it acts like it's immediately turning it off.

My 2nd Phillips Magnavox I have not had the original remote for a long time so I utilize a universal from Time Warner Cable that works very well. My problem with this tv is the parental copntrol pin number. It decides when it wants to not show a tv station by placing a black screen with red lettering saying the parental control is on even on "G" or "PG" rated shows. I have no idea what the parental control pin number is. I have tried to shut the parental control off, but it keeps asking for the pin number. I have tried to make up numbers, but none work. How do I keep my tv from blocking out tv channels when it feels like it? There are maybe 8 channels that show a picture with just the red lettering on a black screen saying this station is blocked due to the rating of "G", "PG," etc.. Sometimes stations will come on but after that first second to show the picture the progam may stay on. Later on those same stations will come on for a second and goes to that red lettering for parental control.

It asks on the menu from my Time Warner cable remote for the 4 pin numbers to turn it off or if I want to change it, I have to enter the 4 original pin numbers that I don't know. Any advice?

Lee Lee
I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem. Child lock inadvertantly activated and turned off from front panel. It will no longer come on and the tv needs to be on to put a code into a universal remote. What kind of stupid crap is that. Why would this company make a feature like this, knowing that once the tv is off that the consumer would be shit out of luck without the original remote? There has to be something that can be done. Would we be able to form a class action law suit against Phillips? Just wondering because I'd be interested. I have a tv that was working perfectly well until the childlock was turned on. Please if you come up with a solution email me. Thanks

Jessica1
Just had the same problem and

Just had the same problem and used a cheap $4 universal remote with Magnavox code "0224" and it turned on! Hope this helps guys!

TONISABBY
@ Jessica1

@ Jessica1
I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
I HAVE HAD THIS TV FOR QUITE A WHILE N MY SON , WHO IS FIXING TO BE 20 NEXT MONTH, HAD PUT THE CHILD LOCK ON THEN WE LOST THE REMOTE. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS TV HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE CLOSET FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, ALSO BECAUSE WHEN THIS HAPPENED IT WAS FAIRLY NEW BUT WE DIDNT HAVE THE EXTENED WARRANTY ON IT. NOW MY 7 YER OLD WULL ENJOY THIS OVER A 19", SORRY I GOT CARRIED AWAY IN THE EXCITMENT. THE TV WAS OFF AND I TRYED A GE UNIVERSAL REMOTE AND ENTERED THE CODE 0224 YOU MENTIONED AND IT WORKED YAY YAY, AGAIN THANK YOU :) IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM LIKE I DID AND WAS TOLD YOU HAD TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL REMOTE TRY THIS SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU TOO.

Jessica1
you're so welcome! i'm glad

you're so welcome! i'm glad it worked for you too!

Connect With Techlore