CORDLESS HEADPHONES

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
raymond42
CORDLESS HEADPHONES

HELLO EVERYONE,

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFO ON CORDLESS HEADPHONES,

I.E    MAKE,    WHAT  PRICE FOR A REASONABLE PAIR.

HOW GOOD ARE THEY REGARDING INTERFERENCE,

I WANT THEM MAINLY FOR LISTENING TO RADIO IN BED,

THANKS RAY.Embarassed

Larry Dillon
Wireless headphones are an

Wireless headphones are an option for those who don't want to be tethered to the source. They're a good choice for home theater, a home stereo system or even for computer games where you wouldn't want a cord to get in the way of your game-controlling hand. The problem with many wireless headphones is sound quality. Older and less expensive wireless headphones operate on radio bandwidth, and although that means you can wander around your house with your headphones, you can also get interference and static from other electronics that use radio signals, such as cordless phones and wireless routers. However, careful tuning usually corrects this issue.  Better wireless headphones use infrared (IR) technology. There's much less interference than with radio frequency (RF) headphones, but you have to remain within sight of the infrared transmitter. Even then, there is the slight chance of interference by strong direct light such as that from sunlight or glare from plasma screens. Infrared wireless headphones are better if you plan to stay in one place. Here's what experts say to look for in wireless headphones:

• Wired headphones sound better. Reviews agree that wired headphones almost always sound better than cordless headphones. Wireless home theater headphones sometimes emit a faint, high-pitched hiss into the earpiece, noticeable during quiet scenes. They can also get interference from other electronics or crackle when you are out of range. Bluetooth headphones don't get as loud as wired headphones, and reviews say no Bluetooth headphone can compete with wired audiophile headphones. Wireless headphones are more about convenience than sound quality.
  • For home-theater headphones, infrared technology is better than radio-frequency. Although radio-frequency wireless headphones get more range, infrared headphones get a lot less interference. If you're watching DVDs,TV or playing games, range obviously isn't as much of an issue.
  • Because headphones put pressure on your skull, the best designs are lightweight, adjustable and comfortable. Cushions are key here -- foam used in pads can be as rough as sandpaper or as smooth as fabric.
  • If you can, try on headphones before you buy. Comfort is subjective, and what feels good to you may not be comfortable to someone else.
  • For Bluetooth headphones, check compatibility. Some Bluetooth headphones work only with an iPod player's docking port. Others have universal adapters that plug into the headphone jack. For Bluetooth headphones that can also pair with Bluetooth cell phones, check that your phone has A2DP Bluetooth, or you won't be able to hear music from your phone.

To find what your looking for, go to a few places like best buys or any other larger retail store for electronics.  Also go oline and do a search for wireless headphones.  there is tons and tons of available infor out there on this subject.  good Luck and I hope this helps you out.

raymond42
LARRY THAT IS GREAT,

LARRY THAT IS GREAT,

THERE IS ALL I NEED TO KNOW IN YOUR FULL AND COMPREHENSIVE ANSWER.   ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU.

ALL THE BEST RAY.

Larry Dillon
No problem, let us know what

No problem, let us know what you turned out to buy.

raymond42
OK LARRY WILL DO,

OK LARRY WILL DO,

THANKS AGAIN RAY.

raymond42
HELLO LARRY,

HELLO LARRY,

I HAVE GOT MY HEADPHONES, THEY ARE   SONY MORR F85OK.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THEM YET, BATTERIES ARE STILL CHARGING.

RAYSmile

Larry Dillon
Ray, nice headphones.  Why

Ray, nice headphones.  Why dont you after you used them for a bit, write a small report on them and get it published here for free?  Simply go to the top where it says articles and click on submit.  The editor Matt, will look it over, edit the piece if need be, and let you see it for your final aproval before it gets posted.  I would enjoy reading something like that.  Anything else you have that you might think others would like to know about would be cool too.  We have alot more here then just peeps looking for TV and repair fixes.  Loads of great articles.  I have several here myself. 

Matt Whitlock
Hi raymond42,

Hi raymond42,

Cool purchase! We'd love to see a review of them here on TechLore! Let me know if you're interested in writing one. For a quick overview on submitting articles to the site, read our Author's Guide.

raymond42
HI  LARRY, HI  MATT,

HI  LARRY, HI  MATT,

I WILL CERTAINLY DO A REVIEW OF MY SONY,S.

IN A DAY OR TWO, WHEN I HAVE HAD TIME TO JUDGE THEM PROPERLY.

RAY.Smile

Connect With Techlore