MY SONY TV KEEPS TURNING OFF!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Markuk
MY SONY TV KEEPS TURNING OFF!

Hi I have a SONY triniton 100hz digital plus tv, its about five years old and have never had any problems, but just recently it keeps turning off, I will leave it for a while then turn it back on and its ok for a while. is my tv ready to die any info would be very much appreciated. thanks Markuk

dans_repair_service
Please post the model number

Please post the model number that is found on the back of the TV.  Without this there is little detailed info we can provide.  This sounds like a connection problem.  If you have any solid state experience and can solder, this may be fixable rather simply.  Once we have the model number further details can be provided.

Dan

Markuk
Hi Dan the model no. is MN KV

Hi Dan the model no. is MN KV-28FX65U thanks

Markuk
Hi I have a SONY triniton

Hi I have a SONY triniton 100hz digital plus tv, its about five years old and have never had any problems, but just recently it keeps turning off, I will leave it for a while then turn it back on and its ok for a while I finally got a TV repair man out, he seems to be baffled, he said deffinately not a conector problem, he said he would have to take into the work shop which will be expensive, has anybody any ideas before i do? thanks Mark SONY Triniton 100hz model no. is MN KV-28FX65U

Markuk
Also when my tv turns off the

Also when my tv turns off the standby flashes 5 times??

Denby
That is exactly what happens

That is exactly what happens to my tv. Did you find out what is wrong with yours?

Markuk
I did finally get it repaired

I did finally get it repaired took the 3rd repair man to do it, there was lots of scratching heads and grumbling, anyway he got it going, sorry I cant remember exactly what was wrong , something to with overheating circuit board, I think he by-passed something 'dry soldering rings a bell' and it seem to have worked, but only for a few weeks then the same thing happened again, it was by this time I was contemplating putting my foot through it, so on safety ground I got rid of it and bought a new one.

You could get some expert advice but I think you will just be spending good money for a short term fix!
I would put any money you were prepared to pay to get it repaired and buy a new one.

Mark

Sashagirl
I have a Sony model# KDF

I have a Sony model# KDF-46E2000 50" TV and it keeps turning off. I have to wait 5 minutes and then I can turn it back on and watch it until it turns off again. Does anyone really know why tv does this. I don't have the money to go buy a new one. Thanks Sasha

sonyxl2400
i just replace the flourecen

i just replace the flourecen lamp and the tv wont stay on

Nannee
we bought a 52" Sony 4 years

we bought a 52" Sony 4 years ago and it has done the same since day one. We complained but nobody found any fault! Since we have had to 'retune' for digital, it has got worse and switches itself off even if we turn over!

Counterbalance
It is worth noting most of

It is worth noting most of these expensive (albeit when you first buy them) are covered under a "Consumers Guarantee Act" - USA, UK, Australia, NZ that I am familiar with. Firstly you need your proof of purchase because the normal Sony 1 year Warranty will have expired & I can tell you from first hand experience that ALL expensive electrical items are covered by country law, stipulaing that these goods must be guaranteed for a "reasonable period of time". For TV's in particular, this roughly translates to 12 months being an unreasonable period of time! So in my experience an expensive TV will be between 5 & 10 years! Wow, but true. It should be noted however a toaster worth say $50, would not be covered by the same law - i.e. 12 months is a reasonable period of time. If in doubt over this, contact your local citizens advice bureau & speak to them about the exact wording you should use when taking the product back to the retailer. Don't expect this if it's 2nd or 3rd hand obviously!

Connect With Techlore