Hey Larry what do u think? ............................

1 post / 0 new
schleprock
Hey Larry what do u think? ............................

You wanted to know how this turned out soooo..........

bought the Q box on e-bay for 199.00 bucks described as 'new' and 'never been used' > when i got it i knew immediately it wasn't new. There was a cable card release lever missing off the side of the cable card slot and there was some slightly bent heat sink fins. Anyways decided i could live without the cable card slot and installed new Q box anyways. Install looked daunting at first but it wasnt so bad.......... for anyone thats gonna try it heres a tip that will sooth your nerves > there is lots of multiple pin plugs connected to this box but the good news is they are all different - they either have a different number of pins or the plug is unique and different than the others so u cant get mixed up and plug em in wrong!!! i had to remove two items mounted over the qbox to get it out but they were simple simon > one was two nuts and the other two screws and i could move em with out disonnecting any wires. Long story short..... plugged set in.....turned on.....scanned for channels and BA DA BING!!! found 13 digital hi def stations BUT ......WAH WAH WAH WAH ..... no analog channels now. *sigh* did i mention i hate sony now? Heres where u come in larry >> do you know if the analog tuner is located inside the Q box assebly or is it a seperate componant? If its in the qbox maybe i can combine the two boxs to make one good one . Lemme have your thoughts -schep

Connect With Techlore