Aiwa VX D2120

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
amanda young
Aiwa VX D2120

My Aiwa VX-D2120 tele/video has stopped responding to the remote control. I am pretty sure that the remote control RC-AVCO4 is still working as it shows that it is signaling to other tv's so i don't think i need to replace the remore control. Is there something that needs replaced? Is there a way of getting past the pin number without the remote control? Is it time for the bin? Thank you.

Larry Dillon
Just because a remote control

Just because a remote control is putting out light does not mean that the remote has the correct code or that the remote is still working.  The best way to test this remote would be to go to a store that sells Aiwa TV combos and try the remote control on a new set on display.  If it does work then there is most likely a problem with the IR sensor on the TV set.  These are not expensive or hard to replace, t is just the disassembly process of the combo unit itself.  It could even be a bad connectoion on the sensor or the printed circuit board could have a simple bad connection.  these tV sets have no user replaceable parts inside them, so play it safe if you have no TV repair know how, take the set into a local repair depot.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out with this TV set.

amanda young
Thank you for your advice. i

Thank you for your advice. i will order a new control and see if that works. I haven't had the time to go store shopping although i have had the remote in my bag now for about 3 weeks just incase I did. I will let you know how i get on when the remote arrives. Thank you very much. Amanda.

Connect With Techlore