dvd player

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Debby Kerr
dvd player

Last night we watched a rented dvd.  Today no picture.  Our dvd is hooked directly to tv - the dvd is running but no picture on tv.  Originally thought dvd was broke - but husband hooked up vcr - same thing happens, vcr is running but no picture on tv.  Do we need new cables or is our tv not responding to these video devices??

Larry Dillon
Ok we need a litttle more

Ok we need a litttle more info.  Is there anything on the screen, any light?  Is there any sound at all comming out of the speakers?  Can you watch regular TV on the TV?  What make and model TV set do you have?  About how old is this TV set?  Did this problem happen after something was done, such as the TV was moved you cleaned the TV, a small child or adult was plying around with the TV remote or the TV menu controls?

Debby Kerr
When we hit input on the

When we hit input on the remote - it goes to blue screen but the dvd picture does not show up.  There is no sound either.  We can watch regular TV.  Our Tv is a Mitsubishi Model CS 35203, 35 inch screen.  The set is about 15 years old.  I watched a movie one night, then changed the remote back to regular tv, but I did not turn off the dvd player.  Would that do anything?  My daughter (not a child) watched TV the next day and said she hit some of the buttons on the remote, but not sure if that would be the problem.  We can watch regular TV and we have digital cable, but can't play a vcr or dvd player. 

My husband wants to know if we need an "S" cable?   

Larry Dillon
Sounds like a problem in the

Sounds like a problem in the input switching. Try unplugging the TV set for several hours(at least 5 to 7 hours). Plug it back in and see if the set will reset.Let us know if this helps or not and we will look into this problem farther. Good Luck

Debby Kerr
Ok, we will try thisĀ  - my

Ok, we will try this  - my husband wants to know why 5-7 hours - why not just 1 hour- he is curious as to time frame?  Thanks for suggestion - hope it works!

Larry Dillon
Because you want to make sure

Because you want to make sure all the capacitors discharge in the microprocessor circuit, as they will not in one hour.  Standard for this is 12 to 24 hours just to be sure.

Debby Kerr
Just plugged TV back in after

Just plugged TV back in after 7 hours - no change.  We could try again tomorrow or Monday when we go to work and leave it unplugged for 12-24 hours?  Don't really know what to try next.  The screen looks just like before blue screen with ext on top right corner.  Any suggestions?

Larry Dillon
You do have the original

You do have the original remote correct?

Debby Kerr
Should we try unplugging for

Should we try unplugging for 24 hours before calling repairman?

Larry Dillon
I don not think that will

I don not think that will help at this point.  You seem to have, as I understand the problem, somthing in the input board or maybe the microprocessor circuit.  The Input Switching is not working.  These are not parts that an end user can repair unless they have solid state repair experience.  Yes call out a repair person to have a look at this set.  You could however save at least 50 to 80 bucks by taking the set to  the repair shop yourselfs.  Just need a couple or three big dudes and a hand cart.  Good luck and let us know if you have the TV set repaired.

Connect With Techlore