dvd player tv digital tuner issue

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ogbsij
dvd player tv digital tuner issue

hi first post so sorry if it is in the wrong place or already been answered could not find an answer been hunting for a while!

basically my new tv has a digital tuner built in now i am about to buy a dvd recorder with a digital tuner in it too because my aim is to be able to record one channel whilst i view another.  but the guy in the store said he does not think this will work unless either one of the components has a twin digital tuner in it is this correct is there no way both tuners could be used for my set up or should i look for a dvd recorder with twin digital tuners?

Larry Dillon
Naaww, you should be able to

Naaww, you should be able to record over the air digital programming with your DVD recorder while watching another channel. it depends on where your taking it from.  If your using a dual video output from a cable or sat box then yes it is easy.  If you are using the RF output from a cable box or a sat receiver or a single video output from a cable or sat receiver, no it won't work without a second receiver or cable box.  It all depends on what your using and from where and how it is hooked up..

Connect With Techlore