Motorola V330- Weird text message

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
law604
Motorola V330- Weird text message

Ok. Im new to this whole forum thing, but thought Id give it a go! Hopefully someone will be able to offer some advice.

When I woke up this morning I had received a new text message. Since I was half asleep I really didnt pay much attention when I opened it and because I know the sender.

I opened it and tired to load the message.. It then said that the download had expired. Well, on the screen of my phone, it still has the "new" text message envelope with a clock on it. I have tried to delete this message but when I do it says: "Message download will be interrupted. Delete anyway?"  Selecting "yes" doesnt do anything. Ive received new texts since then and it always includes that one as new..

As I just opened it, it asked if I wanted to download. When I go to my text message inbox, it doesnt say read like the others, it only allows me to see "details". This is what the details are...

SUBJECT: (NONE)

Size: 127.61 Kb

Expires On:8:32 am 2/16/07

Received: 8:32 am 2/13/07 

Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! :) 

Matt Whitlock
It's quite possible that

It's quite possible that someone tried to send you a text message with an attachment that your phone doesn't support, and it may be getting confused. Or, it could be something nasty that spammed you. It's hard to tell without actually being able to see the message.

The first thing I'd do is contact the person that supposedly sent you the message, and ask them if they really did send it, and what it was.

Next, you need to get it off of your phone. Rather than trying to delete the message through the "Delete Anyway" message, try and use the phone's options to delete the message before opening it, or find the delete all command if your phone has one.

Hopefully that will get you going in the right direction! 

law604
I went through everything and

I went through everything and I could not find a delete all so far, but used the option "clean up messages" which does the same thing. I chose delete all In Box messages and it did so, but that one is still sitting in there!

Im waiting to hear back from my friend to see if maybe he had sent something last night, and possibly I just didnt get it until this mornin.( An attachment or something).

Thank you so much for helping me. If you think of anything else please let me know, ill take any kind of suggestion at this point :)

Matt Whitlock
Another option is to "Master

Another option is to "Master Clear" the phone (found in the initial setup menu), but you'll probably want some way of backing up your contacts before you do that. According to the manual I found online for your phone, it has bluetooth technology built in. Do you have a bluetooth PC, or another phone with Bluetooth to transfer your contacts to?

Another option is to take it to a cellular store for your provider. Someone there may have a workaround or other idea. If they do, let us know what it is! :-)

Connect With Techlore